Polaris - very first impressions

Pros

• Better Alien Tactical AI seems to be more challenging
  • Seems we have more weapons
  • Better UI, loading scales and screens, tutorials - overall more polished look

Cons

• Looks like it adds 20% loading penalty even on SSD, more on classic HDDs
  • Feels slower in AI thinking and overally on low end (dual core i5 with integrated gfx). Gladly I will soon switch from laptop to X4 AMD, 16GB ram and GTX 1650 for “real feel”

then, I have the real-real feel: https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2060-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1650/4034vs4039

1 Like

From patch notes alone, Polaris just seems like “let’s nerf everything fun” patch.

Is there really anything new to compensate for all the nerfs, or should I wait for 2.0 till they finally realize that new rage burst is garbage, and nerfing everything else to equal garbage won’t help?

1 Like

Yep, could not handle more than 40 minutes of Polaris gameplay before ragequitting.

Old bugs. New bugs. “No fun allowed” balancing. Boring. Grindy. Unrewarding. Unclear. Scarce. Shit soldiers. Shit perks. 3 tiles move per action point, REGARDLESS OF SPEED STAT, what the flowing puck is that nonsense?

Alt+F4 not even an hour into it. How do I revert? Let me guess, thepiratebay has the answer.

Obviously, you havent been there from BB days to Polaris :slight_smile: Patience is virtue, game improves.

Obviously, incorrect, been here since release, which is obvious with one look at posting history.

Would’ve been a great argument for version 0.9 or 1.1, but absolutely loses it at 1.9.