I wonder about two things.
- If current way in which we find Phoenix Project bases will make it to the final game? Maybe it is just some placeholder to help players make fight easier in BB3? Because I think that finding soldiers or working Armadillo or working Manticore is huge bonus to the player. Finding 5 bases give players great boost so after that they can easily control one third or even half of the globe. Btw. Phoenix Point (base) was supposed to be last active base.
- So why do we find other bases with soldier in them? If there are soldiers, it means that those bases are also active. So maybe we won’t find bases with Phoenix soldiers in them.
- The same goes with Armadillo/Scarab or Manticore. I understand if we could find base with some desolated stuff which need repair, but fully active equipment? But maybe it is placeholder and we will need to spend so time activating such bases and their equipment. - On the other hand it just came to my mind that Scarabs may be active as they are self-operated vehicles. But should they be in Phoenix Bases? Manticore may be standard equipment for each base, but maybe it could be randomly set if they are operational.
- How maintaining of bases will look like?
- Will they require some staff just to work. Because I suppose that 6 soldiers would not know how to maintain or operate whole base. Will engineers be responsible for maintenance and running each individual building or facility? Will we need to transfer them to start activating the base? Will we be able to hire them freely or they will be scarce resource just like materials, tech and food?
- Will we need resources to upkeep those bases? After some time we could build some facilities which generate resources like in BB3, but from the beginning I think they should generate some monthly cost. Or those bases are so advanced that just activating them make them self-sufficient?