Phoenix Point Patch 1.0.54713 - December 16th, 2019

WORSHIP THE KING!!!

It is amazing to see the MAN himself posting!!

1 Like

The Mutog and Armadillo bug is not only on Legendary but on Hero as well.

1 Like

Oh no!!! This is not a bug but a feature!!! Its a way we can save our team that’s not ready for an ambush wipe. :frowning:

This is almost the way I took the reported change:
An enemy won’t return fire unless they have been hit by a projectile (not necessarily damaged) or was within the damage zone of an area of effect attack (grenades, etc).

Although my attempt at understanding it might not be conservative enough.

No fixes for bases losing power?

Loading times seem to be worse :frowning_face:

There’s a possibility that a new bug got added with this patch. Just now on going back into a mission, I had a mindflayer run at one of my squad guys but got shot enroute which disabled it’s head.

Normally the mindflayer’s move once to be in range of a target, then again to jump onto it’s head. Well this time it’s frozen the game up (as in, that the game is just sitting in a waiting state for the mindflayer to finish it’s move).

Never had that happen before.

Just a curiosity question: Since the game became available, in the Epic Games Launcher I have 3 things for Phoenix Point:

• Phoenix Point
  • Phoenix Point Backer Build (I had assumed that this was beta testing related)
  • Phoenix Point Content

As a backer of the game, should I be running the backer build or just standard Phoenix Point? I’ve not seen anything about living weapons or the other stuff.

Q2 - Where do we check to see if the Living Weapons DLC is checked or not?

I have a game already started with Living Weapons DLC checked. Will this DLC be available in this game after this patch? Or do I have to start another one?

I see people complain about the Return Fire change, but I am happy with it. At least now the name matches the effect. If we want a soldier to “provide cover” to his allies, like the Suppression ability on XCOM 2, this should be a different ability and not be an constant OW that doesn’t even need the enemy to move. The first implementation was silly and unrealistic.
Something that should probably change in a future patch is the targeting circles of some classes. Snipers at this point can hit an enemy’s arm from across the map. For me the most interesting fights are against other humans than Pandoransm but with the number of human enemies in the game that use 2H weapons, it is very easy for a team with 2-3 snipers to disable most of the opposition in 1-2 turns.

iceman…backer build is the older bb5, not removed yet…‘content’ is game manual, art book, etc…you want the other one as the full game

Will these updates apply for the upcoming Windows Store/Game Pass -version as well? Looks like a hefty bunch of good stuff.

same question, please include this in list fix

On the Mac version, my current save game (on a mission) caused an error on load and hanged after that. Loading the autosave prior to mission enabled it to load, but the mission itself hangs halfway (lots of Mindfraggers just standing around, stuck on “Pandoran activity”). Agree with loading times increasing.

Not noticed any difference in loading times but I’m running it from a M2.

Salvage missions are much better now. More fun and better chance of saving most of the containers.
I actually had a crab man run away. I have never seen that before.

Warning to all, please do not autoupdate this patch as this patch is game breaking! This patch introduces random lockups mid battle and even errors loading mid battle saves. This means literally you will not be able to finish any tactical missions. Please hold off installing this patch until they fix this patch. I just wasted 2 hours of my life trying to go through a tactical mission in vain.

1 Like

DEV: PLEASE ROLL BACK THE PATCH!

The patch is breaking many players’ games. Please fix the patch before releasing it. I am now completely unable to play the game due to this patch so until its fixed or rolled back, I won’t be able to play at all!

Not really seeing many people mentioning any problems, unless you mean the 3 month old thread that was regarding a backer build bug that someone recently necro’ed?

Edit:
That said, given it has various unit behavioural changes as well as changes to valid spawns to fix incorrect unit types, I wouldn’t advise anyone try loading mid-tactical combat saves for the sake of stability.

nope… I patched up and then played a tactical mission and I cannot get through it at all due to these problems. At least one other guy posted about this too.