Perk Ideas ----

As perks are a new introduction to the game I could imagine that there would be loads of ideas as to what would make an interesting perk for soldiers to have, I thought I’d make a thread for it.

Focused shot - Increased aim, but also increased use of Action/Will Points
Unleash hell - Fire out a full clip of ammo, no opportunity to aim, turn ends.
20/20 vision - Increased spotting range (do we even have a spotting range?)
Night vision - Increased aim at night.
Mist vision - Increased aim through mist
Hide in the dark - Penalty to anything shooting at them at night
Hide in the mist - Penalty to anything shooting at them in mist
Increased range - This could be a nice sniper perk
Wide eyes - Increased overwatch range of vision
Spotter - Increased aim for all soldiers that are shooting at an opponent that has been targetted by this soldier
Quick switch - Reduced penalty for switch inventory items
Don’t bleed out - Increased chance to dodge when at low HP
Run like the clappers - Increased movement range when at low HP
Improved healing - Med pack will have more of an effect on this solider
Quick throw - Able to throw with reduced action points
Long throw - Increased range to throwing
Let it simmer - Able to throw a grenade that will explode at the end of the next opponents turn
Leave it alone - Able to drop a primed grenade and then move away
Trapper - Able to lay down grenades as traps
Demolition expert - Increased damage to buildings/cover when using explosive weapons
Strong leadership - Troops near to this solider will have a boost to aiming

(Apologies if these are in game already, I’m trying to not over play it before release)

There’s probably dozens more, I’m not expecting snapshot for a minute to implement all of these, but if we make the suggestions they can take a look and might find one or two that are interesting to use.

Focused shot - Increased aim, but also increased use of Action/Will Points --> Deadly Duo
Unleash hell - Fire out a full clip of ammo, no opportunity to aim, turn ends. --> Rage Burst
20/20 vision - Increased spotting range (do we even have a spotting range?) --> Eagle Eye
Night vision - Increased aim at night. --> Do we have day/night missions?
Mist vision - Increased aim through mist --> that could be nice
Hide in the dark - Penalty to anything shooting at them at night --> again, night?
Hide in the mist - Penalty to anything shooting at them in mist --> no, mist is alien stuff!
Increased range - This could be a nice sniper perk --> you can nearly shoot from one end to the other, more range?
Wide eyes - Increased overwatch range of vision --> you still choose the range you want to react to
Spotter - Increased aim for all soldiers that are shooting at an opponent that has been targetted by this soldier --> sniper ability, could be ok
Quick switch - Reduced penalty for switch inventory items --> ready for action
Don’t bleed out - Increased chance to dodge when at low HP --> there is no dodge right now if I’m right, would need to implement it for everything, takes too much time!
Run like the clappers - Increased movement range when at low HP --> could be nice
Improved healing - Med pack will have more of an effect on this solider --> expert healer
Quick throw - Able to throw with reduced action points --> granade spam
Long throw - Increased range to throwing --> expert thrower
Let it simmer - Able to throw a grenade that will explode at the end of the next opponents turn --> nice!
Leave it alone - Able to drop a primed grenade and then move away --> ???
Trapper - Able to lay down grenades as traps —> nice!
Demolition expert - Increased damage to buildings/cover when using explosive weapons --> they still destroy anything, more than that?
Strong leadership - Troops near to this solider will have a boost to aiming --> no

Would be nice to know if we get some more perks with Disciple of Anu and Synedrion or just the ones we still have? Synedrion will get an infiltrator and we still have something like perception and silenced weapon perks. Hm…

Cheers Ryu - I’ll respond to a couple of questions, but I’d rather see new ideas from other, rather than a discussion revolving around just mine so I’m going to avoid getting into a debate, plus… well… I’m going to be on holiday after tomorrow :smiley:

Night vision - Increased aim at night. --> Do we have day/night missions? --> I thought that it was meant to be in there, but doesn’t look that disimilar, certainly with a whole globe of mission there should be a day and night cycle I would have thought.

Hide in the dark - Penalty to anything shooting at them at night --> again, night? --> Again, I’m sure it’s been mentioned

Hide in the mist - Penalty to anything shooting at them in mist --> no, mist is alien stuff! --> I take your point, it could be a good faction specific perk for Anu though.

Increased range - This could be a nice sniper perk --> you can nearly shoot from one end to the other, more range? --> Will it stay like that? I hope we’d get some range limiters, and/or bigger maps.

Wide eyes - Increased overwatch range of vision --> you still choose the range you want to react to --> Not range, range of vision (in other words angles)

Don’t bleed out - Increased chance to dodge when at low HP --> there is no dodge right now if I’m right, would need to implement it for everything, takes too much time! --> Fair does, but if there is a dodge, and I would have thought for Melee at least there ought to be.

Leave it alone - Able to drop a primed grenade and then move away --> ??? --> So you set a live grenade down on the floor, and then you run! Okay, you can throw them, but that takes Action Points, I’d hope this wouldn’t or that it would take less… maybe not even a perk, everyone should really be able to just drop things.

Demolition expert - Increased damage to buildings/cover when using explosive weapons --> they still destroy anything, more than that? --> I’d hope that the damage model would be scaled back a bit, everything is destroyed too easily at the moment imho, but then if you do scale it back, you can introduce one or two nice exceptions to the rule.

Strong leadership - Troops near to this solider will have a boost to aiming --> no --> Why don’t you like it? How about if it were a boost to willpower? That maybe makes more sense, it could even drop if the leader moves away again.

For the ones that are already in the game let’s just say that great minds think alike :wink:

I’d rather like to see a sniper that marks an enemy to give extra accuracy, there is no need for two very similar perks.

I’ve heard mention on the phoenix point discord that environments will eventually have different health values. So eventually we won’t have a concrete wall shatter from a single round from a PDW, so this perk would eventually have some value to it perhaps! :stuck_out_tongue:

It was already like that in Backers Build 3. And currently is in alien bases.