No sound while running the game

Hi there.

The game is running smoothly on my gamer laptop with Windows 10. The only problem is that there is no sound at all. What might be happening? Does anyone have the same problem? Thanks!

Regards,
Diego

2 Likes

hi, I’ve also got a windows 10 laptop. Have you checked that you’ve got the only sound output device? Maybe you’ve got headphones and speakers?

I had an issue with a USB interface not producing sound. Windows 10 output was set to interface but nothing, and works with other programs.

I use a TV display, and when set to output to the native TV audio in Windows 10 I don’t have any issues. TV is connected via HDMI.

2 Likes

Thanks! That’s exactly the issue.

I use an external TV display through HDMI, and the game sound doesn’t work via HDMI (although Windows sounds are still working correctly).

I can only play with sound when I use my laptop screen with the HDMI cable unpluggled.

1 Like

I also have no sound on a desktop computer. I usually use a gaming headset for sound but had nothing. I unplugged and switch to the monitor speakers instead (I thought it would be better then nothing) Still no sound.

I have windows 10

Those are my specs, I have no specialized sound card.

MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming
X Twin Frozr VI 1316MHZ
4GB 8.1GHZ GDDR5
DirectX12 VR Premium

G.SKILL Ripjaws V 16GB
(2x8GB) DDR4-2400
CL15-15-15-35 1.2V
288PIN Dual Channel
Memory Kit

MSI B350 Tomahawk ATX
AM4 DDR4 2PCI-E16
2PCI-E1 2PCI HDMI DVI
VGA SATA3 M.2 U.2 USB3.1
Motherboard [B350 TOMAHAWK]

Seagate Barracuda
ST3000DM008 7200RPM
3TB SATA 6GB/S 64MB
Cache 3.5in Internal Hard
Drive OEM

AMD RYZEN 7 1700
Processor 3.7/3.1GHZ 8
Core 16 Thread 65W TDP
AM4 Retail Box w/ Wraith
Spire Cooler

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Use in-game reporting too. Using ordinary direct sound card outpout to speakers/headphones has never been so far reported as non working, so try that until fixed for all audio devices. If it comes to attention, should be fixed in BB3 in November 2018

Ryzen is the king, but get the sound card if there is none onboard. Forget the AMDs gfx card audio.