My top 7 WTF moments from some legendary gameplay

Misunderstand :thinking: we speak about 2 different things

You are probably right with ‘attitude adjustment’ reward for destroying Pandoran structures.

But I speak mainly about the penalty for raiding havens/stealing aircraft; I see the problem here. Both, me and the guy, who opened this discussion; as a new players, we were shocked (WTF), that there is almost irrelevant penalty for raiding havens/stealing aircraft

Maybe, if raiding havens will decrease human population, that can set necessary dilemma

3 Likes

1m

I fully agree with you.

Point 2 destroy game… it should be impossible to raind 5 times in a row the same HAVEN for same resource and raiding is an act of war, the faction reaction should be much more intense and worse for player.

3 Likes

I did not realize before, that You can raid haven 5x in row :dizzy_face: this is a fatal problem actually

2 Likes

This is still an AI weakness, they try to heal every single HP, even they are non bleeding and far from dead. I like when they heal my soldiers, but both Pandas and humans are overopsessed with full HP, as long as they have medikits.

I don’t know if someone already offered this tip or not but here it goes:

First things first, bring these things:

• a Scarab or an Armadillo
  • soldiers who can use shotguns or melee weapons (1AP attacks don’t matter. However if you’re stealing a Thunderbird, you may want to use strictly melee weapons because of their Heavy armor, or Neuralyzers)
  • 3 soldiers at least (doable with a Manticore at all stages. levels of soldiers don’t matter, can be level 1)

Follow these steps:

1. Load the vehicle with your troops and drive behind a wall somewhere.
  2. Let the enemies close in on you.
  3. Drive towards a nearby enemy. Eject a soldier and 1-hit the enemy dead (likely with shotgun. If using melee, use the sword because the bleed will finish whatever your soldier doesn’t), then load the soldier back in and return to cover.
  4. Once you think most enemies have been dispatched of, expose your vehicle for a turn to make sure.
  5. (if enemies are dead) Drive to objective before too many other enemies spawn, and activate it. Otherwise repeat step 3.
  6. Drop off your troops near where enemies spawn close to the aircraft, but try not to leave them too exposed in case of sneaky snipers (you’re just trying to kill any that spawn nearby on the turn they spawn).
  7. Drive your Scarab (preferably) into the open to draw any enemies that don’t spawn near the aircraft to attack the Scarab instead - kill them with the Scarab or back up your soldiers as needed.

Mission will be over before they’re able to do more than 50% to it… most likely will receive 1 or two hits at least. Scarab might lose more than half its HP. Possible a soldier may get sniped, but likely won’t die… if that’s the case, just run him into good cover or just drive the Scarab back and pick him up.

I’ve never lost a mission following these steps.

A few things I’ve learned:

• Always harder without a vehicle
  • Rushing the objective almost guarantees the aircraft will be destroyed
  • Keeping soldiers together inside a building with windows or something and “hunkering down” to defend is worse than keeping them separated and in the open.

Why I think this is a problem…

(Note: this isn’t necessary, just easy. I’ve done many different strategies that work)

How to beat the game on the hardest difficulty in 13 easy steps:

1. When starting a new campaign, destroy the first base’s Access Lift. This will give you enough resources to …
  2. Begin construction on a Scarab.
  3. 3 or so days later you can steal your first aircraft (unless you get lucky and find a Scarab/Armadillo first) and begin doubling your scouting capacity (or triple/quadruple/quintuple… it’s up to you how many you want/find, but I find two extra craft to be a comfortable number) This will exponentially increase your resource gain without needing to do missions. (Scavenging missions/Raiding will be negligible and a waste of time. Just trade/scout with all your aircraft instead. Go ahead and defend havens, especially to help discover Pandoran bases and gain/maintain rep. 3 naked rookies with assault rifles/shotguns + a Scarab will be fine)
  4. Build at least 4 Research facilities and 2 Manufacturing for now (feel free to build more as extra resources pile up, but always try to save some for trading). Activate bases close to one another as needed (for future defenses to be easier)
  5. Keep building Scarabs as you can afford them, at least 3 total, but the facilities and ammo/equipment (not armor) takes priority.
  6. Rush every story mission ASAP (steal a blimp if you need to).
  7. Rush every Primary Research Objective that pops up and build Alien Containment ASAP.
  8. Build at least 3 Neuralyzers. Those weapons along with a Scarab will capture everything except a Scylla with naked lvl1 soldiers, and you should be prepared for that before the Siren even appears.
  9. Rush Ally with Synedrion and research Advanced Paralyzing OR steal the tech before week 4 (once again, use a scarab, drive to points and activate objectives… helpful to have at least 1 soldier with max speed and Dash. You can exploit raiding a haven for infinite SP if you want, start and end mission first turn +5SP)…
  10. Prepare a heavy with Warcry and a lot of WP. Bonus if it has the Virus talent and give him a NJ MG if so. (Shotguns with the talent also work well. Not necessary to have Rage Burst, but that will make it even easier. If you’ve allied with or stolen from ANU, using Virus rifles also work)
  11. Once Scylla arrive, give 5 soldiers the paralyzing pistol (proficiency doesn’t matter, though it’s a bonus if some soldiers have high WP and Quick Aim) and Virus rifles (if no Virus talent Heavy/Assault is on your team), bring the Scarab. You’ll know the mission its on when it’s Extreme threat level and the numbers are like 28-9. Use your allies in the mission as distractions and bait. Shred armor with grenades if need be (or anything that will break armor), but the Scarab should suffice. Load the Scylla with Virus and War Cry it on each turn it won’t be panicking. Focus on killing the little guys first, just keep the Scylla disabled. Once it’s alone (or whenever a soldier isn’t able to do anything else useful), pump it full of Paralysis.
  12. Place your soldiers in bases for defense and fastforward the game until all your primary story research is completed. Also do the story missions as they’re unlocked. Focus on using the General SP on a few primary soldiers and create complimentary team of superhumans to tackle the final mission.

You will likely be defending a lot unless you’re seeking out the lairs/citadels/nests to destroy (which isn’t necessary. Defenses are significantly easier and be done with naked troops… but you may end up doing them back-to-back each day, so I hope you have 10+ Research)… If you want to go on the offense, then Nests can be destroyed with the same strategy as everything else I laid out here. Fire is recommended for Lairs, and Citadels might as well just be ignored to kill the Scylla when it attacks a haven unless you’ve been building superhumans. Best record (and I was slacking hard) I had was unlocking the final mission by Mid-Late February. Didn’t do it though. I’d recommend doing all the easy LOA tech missions for all that bonus SP and build some superhumans before tackling the end game.

Had my own share of wtf moments and some same of yours. My first umbra was a big shocker to me :joy:

Dident try raiding yet but sounds like its properly flawed at the moment :confused:

Dident know bleeding+fire was bugged at the moment but did notice a few times thst enemies survived damage they shouldnt. Is it known what currently happens exactly?

And yeah the AI around medkits can use some work. Human enemies are by far the easiest to deal with because of that!