My BB4 Feedback

Hey there, here my Feedback:

First of all, it is really nice to see the progress made from the previous BBs!

1. Weapons
  • The Hel II Cannon is awesome, compared to others maybe a bit too strong, but please don’t decrease the range.

• Flamethrower could need a bit more range, it would be nice to choose between a large but small flame burst or a short flame to hit multiple targets on a wider spread.
    I would more likely see a Flamethrower like this one here: https://phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/10/29/new-jericho-starts-to-take-shape

• Comparison PP and New Jericho Assault + Sniper Rifle, well balanced for range/dmg/rounds.

• Is it a bug? The Mech Arms don’t do damage, just stun (yes with the skill electric strike).

• The Medkit should have at least 2 charges.

• NJ Machine Gun still sucks hard with the low range! The typical heavy wears heavy armor so you have low movement, combined with the 75% action cost and the low range of 9, it is not worth picking this in any case! The high damage is useless compared with an assault with a lot of willpower and exertion with good mobility and high range.

• PDW is ok but only because of the 25% action points.

• Auto Turret also not really helpful in most cases, maybe it will be fun with the master skill “turret combo” against the Queen or other very strong aliens. If you move forward on the map the turret is wasted.

• PP vs. NJ Grenade, why does the NJ Grenade just to 1 less damage without any other benefits? Less dmg, higher radius or effective range, does not matter, atm there is no use for it.

• Scrapping Items is great!

1. Armors
  • Will it be possible to use all Armor parts from all classes like now? Would be really nice!
  • But the Armor stats should be changed a bit from PP to NJ, some are a way too similar e.g. Sniper Legs and some don’t make sense e.g. PP Sniper Body Armor -3 Speed (the Heavy has -2 speed!).
  1. Refuel System
    That’s fine now compared with BB3.

2. Soldier XP / Skills

I like it, but if lvl 7 will be the maximum, the cost should be increased on higher lvls.

1. Overall difficulty

I have the feeling BB4 is a bit too easy compared to earlier BBs.

1. GUI
    Soldier Equipment should be more intuitive, maybe:
  • If you click a weapon highlight its ammo.

• If you drag&drop from body to store it should not switch the items in store or even better you should put an empty store placeholder on top left so you can always drag&drop unwanted items to the store.

1. World
    I like to explore the new sites, also the decisions to make with the haven leaders, I’m excited to see what can happen.
    Would be nice if there is a chance to trigger new actions with havens you still have visited if something has changed like the diplomatic attitude or so.

2. Defending Havens
    I would assume they defend it too not me only.

That’s it at the moment!