Medkits Usable In Vehicle

I think it would be a nice touch to allow the usage of Medkits inside the Vehicle. I have no idea on about what Lore says about the space and movement freedom within, but I’m guessing if you can fit 4 people inside such a relatively large APC, a soldier should be able to selfheal with a Medkit or heal somebody else. I’m not so sure about the usage of the Techno-Arms carried by the Technician. That might be a little bit too much, but maybe I’m wrong. Maybe lore and logic-wise, this is okay as well.

4 Likes

Yeah, it might be a little cramped for a Technician. It might also be too much of an incentive to keep your guys cooped up in the APC all day erry day. However, maybe an APC that automatically healed units inside it might be a cool advanced vehicle to research down the line :octopus:

2 Likes

I was about to make a separate thread just for that idea: APC’s that heal units inside them automatically. I saw this done well in Earth Defense Force 4.1: The Shadow of New Despair, where you had a certain family of APC’s that were unarmed, but they were very fast and decently armored, and they could heal soldiers inside them over time by drawing on a pool of available “healing points”. They couldn’t heal any more after they ran out of those points, but you could always just order a new vehicle, too.

1 Like

I like the sound of one soldier being able to heal another within an APC, but not so much the thought of the APC being able to heal them. Maybe if there was a specific ambulance/medical weapon type of vehicle.

In fact, thinking about it, even self heal is a strange mechanic. A soldier who has just been shot to hell and back might still be able to do the basics in patching themselves up, but they shouldn’t be anywhere near as effective at it as their still healthy squad mates would be if they were to come over and do the patching instead.

1 Like

Well, I figure that medikits and stuff in this future setting might be “automated” and do a lot of the work themselves (which is why even people who aren’t trained medics can use them).

2 Likes