Inconsistent Balancing of Piercing and Laser Weapons

less succinctly about the Gorgon Eye-A… IMO, it’s OP, especially when combined with something like PDW personal trait in an Infiltrator/Sniper build, because of Quick Aim and Sneak Attack. Or an Assault/Sniper build because of Rapid Clearance. If Quick Aim was changed to reduce shooting with a direct fire weapon to a minimum of 1AP it would be less of a problem.

@Architectus one could oppose to your analysis that advanced laser weapons though requiring similar research points require research from both NJ and Synedrion. However, because of how diplomacy currently works (where getting aligned and allied with all the factions is as easy as eating pies), I actually get the Advanced Lasers tech weeks before NJ researchs AP weaponry.

3 Likes

Turrets are OP, period. Scorcher AT is so OP that I can’t use more than 2 per mission, more and it feels like cheating.
After completing all endings in Cthulhu I will have to increase self restrictions, single class is not enough.

But, yes, turrets, I don’t care about piercing, when you have 60 damage, burst 10, and your technician spends only 1 AP (and 3WP) to activate again and again the turret you have an army.

In this clip I used MfD , OP used with turrets. +10 damage x10 = +100

Also Sirens with 470HP dead in one turn and full armor Tritons and Arthrons, Mist and Hatching Sentinels the same

1 Like

Fancy that you exclude the combined build of your two examples that I’m considering even more OP as Hell → Assault/Infiltrator with PDW personal trait and Gorgon Eye-A:
88 x 4 = 352 damage for 1 AP, almost any Arthron or Triton is no problem and you get 2 AP back without any use of additional WP than casting Vanish, RC and maybe the 2 Dashes if necessary. With this build I can already clear whole maps in the first turn, especially nests, even after the newest patch.

This build is also OP with the normal VDM Defender to a given point around the midgame when armor and HP are increasing.

2 Likes

As far as raw damage goes its somewhat organized:

You have anu shotgun 175 raw dmg / AP and 6 (or 8) range
Then NJ heavy MG 140 raw dmg/AP and 11 range
Then assault rifles 90 dmg/AP and 20-35 range
And at the end Sniper rifles around 40 dmg / AP and 50 range

And finally Pdw:
Standard 120 dmg/AP and 12 or 14 range
gorgon 160 dmg/ AP and 20 range

Standard is somewhat ok damagewise ( at least comparable with others due to limited range) but gorgon is almost twice as better as NJ assault rifle.
If you have Pdw perk along with cautious and thief on Assault/Infil, you can get away with snipers armor for accuracy for +90% total which makes effective range for gorgon = 38, better than syn assault rifle. That means gibbing mobs from screens afar.

But to be honest even if OP its more fun than crude assault with " in your face" shotgun