I hate this LOS BS!

My guys can’t see around corner, stupid half cover blocks los… so much bad game design… what were you thinking?

3 Likes

That’s probably my no. 1 party pooper right now. I feel all assets should be creating with having in mind how they will act as cover, as they are a vital part of gameplay. It feels like rather then figuring out assets by greyboxing, and then working on making them look natural, the assets where created first. I generally try to take shots out of cover, as you have no clue how will your soldier behave once he stands by an object.

2 Likes

At this point i actually think they just released a beta version and try to fix all issues for the releases on PS and later maybe Steam.

Too bad that the damage to their reputation will be already done once they are finished. Wont touch another Snapshot game until its out for at least 2-3 month in hope they fixed shit until then.

The problem is, I don’t know how fixable a lot of this stuff is. Some are bugs, but a lot of it would require ground up redesign. Synedrion maps just seem to be build without understanding that the game is tile based. Doors in general are a mess. That is stuff one figures out in the vertical slice. Fixing cover issues would require scrapping existing assets and building them from scratch. How will one fix an issue with a half cover, which concealed view, like rocks and trees? Those are treated as half cover, and they aren’t vertical enough to provide decent cover for a standing soldier. But make them half-covers and you can shoot from those positions. Sure, they make for decent defensive spots, but this inconsistency of what you can do behind each asset is frustrating.

Funnily enough, FiraXCOM1 blocky style might have made for a better fit for this system.

1 Like

Yeah, and troops won’t crouch to let their teammate take a shot.

1 Like

Synedrion Maps are actually a perfect example. In some cases you can neither see nor shoot an enemy through a f*ing window.

I really have no idea how stuff like that never came up during the development or was reported in one of the backer builds.

And yeah i dont know if stuff like that can be fixed using a patch or something similar. But i am astonished that a game with that many obvious flaws can be released and even more suprised seeing some reviews praising the game for its detail and system. Sure it has some value but with all the problems and bugs i cant fathom how it reaches scores like 80+ % in game magazins.

1 Like

Synedrion Maps are actually a perfect example. In some cases you can neither see nor shoot an enemy through a f*ing window.

Synedrion buildings have nontransparent windows. Yet, you can perfectly shoot through them, as long as you understand that you can free aim to literally any point. In fact, it allows for quite some AI abuses as AI can’t use free aim the way you do.

Sure you can freeaim. Like i did and the bullet of my Sniper did not do any damage at all beside destroying the window and it cant have missed the target as the Siren was right behind it. Reloaded the turn 2 times and repeated the process to check if the shot maybe was a bit off and did miss. Also tried it with an assault rifle 6 shots, 5 hit means the first one is “required” to destroy the window. Either its bulletproof glass in that case no bullet should have hit, or its not in which case no bullet should go through. Cant have both, thats not how Glass works at all.

Like i did and the bullet of my Sniper did not do any damage at all beside destroying the window and it cant have missed the target as the Siren was right behind it.

Unfortunate implications of game’s physics. Only heavy weapons (such as basic Hel Cannon or Gauss snipers, but not your basic PP snipers) actually pierce terrain, allowing you to smack target behind the wall in one shot. Everything else destroys terrain, yet doesn’t pierce it - so you need to clear the obstacle first, then shoot at target.

Cant have both, thats not how Glass works at all.

Are we still talking about videogames, though? Because it sounds like you’re complaining how you can’t destroy ladders in XCOM2 even if you drop nukes on them. Yes, videogames don’t work like reality. So?

But if a Videogame tells you that you can shot through Terrain than GLASS should be pierable with everything. Or nothing. Because even a Stone should be able to Pierce the Glass and hit someone standing behind it.
My Sniperrifle can destroy massiv concrede walls… but not pierce Glass? Yeah… thats immersive. And I totaly see the Logic behind this idea… oh wait. No I cannot.

Also the Game than should TELL you that only specific types of Gear can do this. Also than do this STRAIGHT. If my Bullet cannot pierce the Glass, it cannot destroy it either and it cannot knockdown wallparts, Stones or Trees. If you put this kind of “realism” into you’re Game, do it right or dont do it at all.

1 Like

Of course videogames dont work like reality. However, if you implement breakable glass/obstacals and design it so they can be destroyed by bullets they should act at least somewhat realistically. This isnt even new stuff as its done like that in pretty much all games with destructable glass.

Nontransparent for characters, but not for player… Once enemy is spotted and his model is displayed, I can easily see it from the other side when freeaiming.

That’s just silly. Why create glass buildings in the game, and them make them nontransparent for the characters?

1 Like