In the story we read that Lisa was contracted by new type of Pandoravirus. And she became stronger and healthier with it, without loosing control over her mind. Her blood made other people also healhy but they have lost control. In almost all previous stories (chronologically) Pandoravirus infection usually ended with death of the patients with only rare ocurrences where infection bring someone to the sea. The mist was more like to take control over the minds without killing humans. So I wonder if in the game it will be somehow reflected.
First of all how soldiers will get the infections? Maybe there will be several ways:
- melee attacks which made at least 1 point of damage (so pierced the armour)
- standing in or even going though the mist (spread not only by mist sentinel and the queen but also other creatures and even just floating in the air when we get to mission site)
- some acid or specific other weapons attacks which are designed to infect?
Presumably you will need to detect infection, which probably won’t be hard, and quarantine all affected soldiers/personnel, which probably will require some additional facility. And what will be consequences? Maybe there will be above 3:
- soldier retains his mind for some time and probably with help of DoA tech he become stronger and receive some bonus (quite rare)
- soldier is mutated partly and looses his mind (you need to deal somehow with him - kill or with proper tech regain control over him, so he will behave like the soldier from point above (more often)
- death after few days even with help of DoA tech? (most often?)