Game play is far too difficult and game isnt fun

Alright we’re talking in two topics :joy: so I’ll reply only about the bits here that were not mentioned in the other.

You cannot rely on RGB (it’s probably related to only 1 temperature and there are various inside your PC) nor air temperature being blown to your legs because the important temperatures are the ones measured inside or near the important chips (there are 3 important ones - CPU, motherboard and GPU).

You may have good case airflow which translates into a mildly hot air leaving the case, but high chip temperature because of many factors, like too much dust in the coolers or old thermal paste/pads that got hard and do not transfer heat properly.

You may also have a displaced cooler but that’s less likely because if that was an issue, most games would lead to a problem.

In the end you need to record all temperature readings inside your computer while playing both PP and something else. PP may have a bug that uses too much CPU non-stop and that leads to your CPU overheating. It may be the same but related to the graphics card. There’s free temperature monitor software for this, although I don’t know which is currently the most used. It should be easy to find out and use.

If temperature can be issue, isnt easiest solution to stress computer less?

In most of games, simple lowering of game resolution would stress CPU and GFX significantly less, increasing chance it works properly. Modern game usually pick up high res Windows desktop screen resolution, forgetting running game in same res could stress CPU and GPU significantly.

1 Like

We don’t know if heat is the issue, it’s best to just watch temperatures when the reset/shutdown occurs to find out.

I will monitor with afterburner todays so that we can eliminate that’s a heat problem.
I have a windows update waiting for a restart this morning. Trust MS to complicate things. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You seriously should put your gripes on Reddit, or some other Gamezine.

lol after a year of delusion about this game i started a campaign and i was start to think that maybe i was to harsh the game improved on many aspect, and i got across the new DLC and the crappiness still fly high. As i said before everytime devs make something new or apply a change it’s like to do a step forward and 3 back, it’s frigging unbearable. Wanna compare to long war? Fk no that mod punish your mistake and teach you to retreat when some shenanigan spawn at your door, here it’s just nonsense after nonsense. I manage to play LW and fail many times but there’s always fun even in defeat. Phoenix point do not have that.

1 Like

It has great mechanics, it needs bugfixing and some balancing. Even on year one release. At the moment, palace is undefeatable to me no matter how I try. And that is after many hours of play. So the fan is gone :slight_smile:

Story is good, most of missions are nice. I miss a bit more focus on exploration instead of repelling attacks and focusing on nests. After some time its too repetative. Its great to get some early diplomacy, basic tech etc. but after several days, noooo they strike again :slight_smile: But there is great potential, vehicles are nice, mini bosses too, limb mechanics is great … Also too much emphasise ends on skills and abusing them instead of strategy. Even strategy is great :slight_smile:

Gods how I wish the Moderators would just lock this thread. If it is Too Hard, then don’t play it, and post on Reddit.

Every opinion is valid, man. I didn’t play the mission yet but everyone here is making constructive criticism.

1 Like

There is always a possibility to extract something good from criticism, like:
Rookie level could be made easier other then having full squad, plenty of resources and a bit less enemies. I know to experienced players that is a lot, but seems newcomers really tend to struggle. Also most valid criticism comes from repetitive mid to end game missions, weapon differences should be better or PP should have its own tech tree and enemy variety can improve. Such points are far better then “game sucks” and could end up in better game (as many of improvements during this year did)

Agreed. If that criticism is constructive, by offering valid, sane solutions. But to just rant on and on with pure negativity does nobody good.

Not entirely true, sir. Most people are being constructive. :wink:

In general I don’t think I agree with the OP that much… I do find some stuff to be odd from a game play perspective but the game certainly is not too difficult in general. Me and my 11 year old son have played roughly 100 hours of Phoenix Point together and neither of us think the game is too hard at the moment, especially if you abuse certain combinations of skills and equipment in combat it certainly is not.

I’m probably more for increasing the challenge by removing some of the OP stuff you can do and balance the game around more restrictions and trade-offs. Currently the balancing probably feel hard if you don’t abuse some deficiencies on AI or skill/equipment imbalances.

This is probably why some people feel the game is too hard and some feel it is really easy, because some have cracked the code while some have not.

This is why I believe the game has a fundamental balancing issue at the moment as there is either too much challenge or none at all… neither of us at home have played Phoenix point for a few month because of this issue, the game is too much an all or nothing experience. Other than that I do like the game in general, I just wait for better game balance.

6 Likes

I think this thread should be deleted. I have won the game with just Phoenix forces ending, won with Synedrion ending, won with Tobias West, and now working on winning with the cult clan ANU (not happy with teaming up with them , but it is a mile marker to say I won the game in all possibilities).

2 Likes

There are actually 4 endings. 2 for Synedrion.

Sorry for correction, no offence, but there are 5 endings: 1xPP + 1xNJ + 2xSyn + 1xAnu :wink:
Edit:
… and to complete this finally, you can also lose, so 6 endings :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No problem, I had just woken up and brain refused to do math properly. Tnx

1 Like

Wait, Syn has 2 endings? What did I miss? I did 1 each of PP, NJ, Syn and Anu (and lost, just to say I saw all endings), I didn’t know Syn had 2. Crap, now I need to reinstall the game and find out.

Yes.

Spoiler alarm!

It depends on what side you chose when you hit their 25% reputation threshold. This changes also the mission for the 75% rep threshold. The 50%, the Pirate King, is the same.
The rest is AFAIK also almost the same except telling a different story at the end.

2 Likes

I suppose this is triggered by going the Myst repeller route or against it? (as it essentially changes last Synd mission)?