Game hangs on enemy turns

I have 16gb ram and runs the game off an SSD and it still freezes. This is not about your RAM but that poorly optimized games like this one has memory leak issues that eat into virtual memory rather than your physical memory. So when your virtual memory gets overwhelmed, the program hangs.

yeah I get the occasional (sometimes frequent) return fire or overwatch kill / critical turn hang also. VERY frustrating,

Yes this happened to me to yesterday, return fire killed enemy soldier and then the turn doesn’t end and then I tried to replay the mission and it happened again, very frustrating.

This happened to me just now.

My game hangs after an Arthron lobbed its grenade and died on my “Return Fire”.

From my observation I’m gonna guess that “Return fire” or “Overwatch” killed the last unit on the enemy’s turn, and some part of the logic couldn’t process that because it is waiting for an event to happen.
(ie. enemy end turn event, but it didn’t fire cause the enemy died before it could do that)

Another edge case (that might not be true), is that the enemy died during a non-targeting move (arthon grenade attack).

1 Like

For me it happening quite often, once per 3-4h of playing. Laptop user.
When I posting it last time was same as above post ( return fire (PP shotgun) after Arthon throw granade ) but it is not a rule as I remember it after Chrion throws flame worms or my sniper kill someone with return fire. Loading autosave and repeating missions mostly helps but is really annoying and frustrating.

I could assume that i might be caused by last enemy in pandoran turn.

I have same issue in my game after patch.

-The game hangs on Pandora’s turn when some of my troops kills pandora`s creature with “Return fire” ability. (No matter what kind of gun it was shotgun or rifle)

P.S.
I usually play on my desktop with win 10 but some times I use macbook.

1 Like

Try to increase you page file size. So far it has worked for me.

It does not matter what the weapon is, if you kill an enemy with return fire it freezes. I am guessing its waiting for the enemy to complete the rest of their action but cant because they dead :smiley:

1 Like

Whats this page file size you speak of?

Happens to me way too regularly. Definitely happens without shotguns. Was happening to me before the patch and it’s still happening since the patch.

In windows 10, I go to settings and search for performance and select the option Adjust the appearance and performance Windows. Pick Advanced tab and increase your virtual memory value. Mine is set to 15000 min 20000 max.

Yep, bug is back. The hotfix worked for the most part but it is still occasionally locking up on enemy movement.

THe issue happens for me sometimes when I return fire, I think its related to return fire kills which have critical damage involved.

1 Like

Tried the pagefile fix and while it did speed up the game in general, the minute I got a return fire kill the enemy turn just hung.

was looking on google and the same after half a year still has this bug