Overwatch Game Crash

When I kill an alien on overwatch, the game freezes at ‘alien action’. They never take the their next turn. You can still move cursor around etc but game does not play

1 Like

Also encountered this today. Setting was a scavenging mission, bug happened on first turn.

2 Likes

Good way to prevent overwatch spam. :wink:

1 Like

Yep. It’s much worse after the update to fix it. Soldiers still (and more frequently) also fail to move then chug along in a block movement fashion when going down ladders.

Does anyone know where the save file is so that if I can get a decent game going again I can revert to that rather than a very buggy version that just requires restarting because otherwise this is a chore rather than fun.

1 Like

Maybe It’s part of the alien mutation to overcome my tactics. phaha

1 Like

In respect to my saved game the update has made things worse, not better

1 Like

You want revert what? Restoring older savegames won’t change game version. If you want older version of the game then you already missed that point after patch update.

I’ve been having the same hang. Overwatch shot blows arm off crab and game hangs. Sent a couple reports in.

2 Likes

The overwatch hang is still happening? It hasnt happened to me once since the new patch…hmm.

1 Like

When this keeps happening, should I hit f12 and send a report each time or is the problem known and the team is working on it? It also happens when I kill a unit not using overwatch.

1 Like

I’d keep reporting it. More data is more data, and it is better to have too much data than too little.

1 Like

Well it now happens about 9/10 times whereas with the initial build it was about 1/10. As I have to ctrl+alt+del to get out pushing F12 doesn’t work.

F12 only brings up the in game bug report mechanism. exiting is alt+F4, or if truly frozen, the task manager

1 Like

Trully original Windows feature :slight_smile: