Currently, you can move personnel around only by using the Manticore.
This means that if you are in north america exploring and you have only one base in south america, your only way of swapping some soldiers between Manticore and your base (so they can also gain experience) is to travel all the way there to do it. Tedious, fuel and time consuming.
I think I read somewhere that there will be some kind of transportation mechanism in the final game. I hope it won’t be limited to transport between bases but also possible with friendly havens.
This would have the following benefits:
- You can send soldiers from your base to a friendly haven where Manticore can pick them up
- You can drop soldiers from Manticore in a friendly haven
- You can buy a recruit (shouldn’t they volunteer to save human kind ?) even if manticore is full
Of course, this means that if a haven gets attacked and you have soldiers there:
- those soldiers are there to protect it and count in the defense force
- since they are the best, they stay alive until they are the last ones standing
- at any time, you can launch a defense mission where your soldiers try to defend the haven with the local security forces (you control only PP soldiers). Of course, you can’t evacuate, it’s fight to the death.
- if manticore arrives, it makes additional soldiers for the defense, but only 8 can evacuate (place in manticore).
Also, if a haven becomes unfriendly, soldiers there would have to move.
Your thoughts on this ?