Error on Battlescape load

Hey, I have been having a weird crash, it has happened more since the necronomicon patch but i dont know if that is so much because i have just been playing more…

basically i can play the entire game fine but at some point i will hit some sort of hard limit in the campaign, from that moment on (or so it seems) i will not be able to load into a battle map, the map finishes loading, i can watch the video of the transport touch down and the scene loads with my soldiers… it runs for maybe 2 or 3 seconds and it crashes, screens go blank, one of my fans in my tower goes NUTS and it restarts my pc… at which point about half of the time when i restart my PC my screens are still blank and i need to completely power cycle everything…

It doesnt seem to revolve around any changes to my team or the weapons and as it seems to happen to all combat missions i dont think it is linked to specific enemies or map objects. I have a crash report that i think is linked to this from last night although im not sure it has time to report anything before it nosedives into oblivion!

what is the best way to attach said error report as it seems pretty long?

Oh also, i have all the DLC if that helps

Find the crash log file and email it to support@snapshot.com C:/Users/[USERNAME]/AppData/Local/Temp/Snapshot Games Inc/Phoenix Point/Crashes[timestamp]

do i need to do anything to link it to this or should i just paste the link to this forum post in the email?

A link and the crash log should suffice.

Done :slight_smile: if you have any questions email or respond in here :slight_smile:

is this all just for reporting or will someone potentially suggest a way to sort it? just so i know if i need to monitor this for a solution?

Normal programs usually aren’t able to crash Windows at all, specially after a full restart. When it happens, it’s probably bad drivers or hardware. I suggest you do these things:

1. Update your video drivers. If you have the knowledge to do it, try updating all your drivers. If you have the newest Windows 10 big update that just released (check on google), you can go to the windows update page, search for updates, then click on the “view optional updates” link. Let windows do all the normal AND optional updates and restart as many times as it asks you to, always searching for updates again until there’s none left.
  2. Do a full memory test at least 2-3 times. This’ll take a few hours probably, you can let it run overnight. (https://www.memtest86.com/)
  3. Do a hard drive test. (you can use windows disk tools from the disk properties and if no errors are found, try using a tool from the disk manufacturer)
  4. Run a full scan from an antivirus
  5. Try disabling everything that starts up with windows and playing the game as you usually do, and see if the problem persists.

Good luck!