Do missions scale to the level of your team?

I’m not sure that it happens for the next mission, but it does kick in eventually (both up and down).

Thank you.
The point I’m trying to point out is that these “game breaking” exploits don’t just affect the small number of players who found them out.

YouTubers have a huge impact on the growth of a game in my opinion. Classically, viewers get their first impression of the game. But there is much more! It can guide players to a new genre, like you. It can grow a fan community, e.g. about certain scenarios (see Civ series) or just Challange (see Darkest Dungeon).

The thing is that TBS YouTubers usually play on Legend and Ironman (if any). They are “hardcore” players and they want to be “challenged” and offer drama and excitement through the challenge for their viewers.

The videos I posted, however, show that PP has a problem with supersoldiers. For example, a ChristopherOdd will NOT tell his viewers, "I will ignore skill X because it is OP, use skill Y only once per turn or use skill Z only if … So what happens? He" discovers "rage burst with sniper rifle (+ extreme accuracy) and exploits it in full splendor! The result is that he shoots at the big opponents (skylla, vehicles, chirons) almost exclusively from the initial position. Even if he is too far away, he makes himself don’t bother to go to a “better” position. He chooses the most promising strategy, so no unnecessary risk to take a position change. But the result is that the viewer sees no drama or any tension, rather the constant emptying of magazines from the starting position. The fact is that from mid-to late game the fights became very one-sided and boring, the number of viewers also fell sharply.

Is this the igniter for new buyers or fan communities?

On top of that, he most likely didn’t even “discover” the Terminator builds! Which advertising material would then arise for PP?

Another point that I wanted to highlight is the comments with a lot of likes on such videos.
Fact is: Snapshot responds to the votes on canny (that’s very good!). In my opinion, these voted YouTube comments are even more serious than those on Canny! Because the Canny Voters are already PP players, YouTube viewers are also “potential” PP players.

On the whole, the super skills destroy the tension from mid-game (for all players), make a clean balance unnecessarily difficult (for all players) and kill the challenge (for fan community)

1 Like

No. If you will send there squad of level 1’s, or squad of level 1 to 5, or squad of level 7’s mission won’t adjust to that.

Missions difficulty only adjust down in time if you lose whole previous missions, take losses or take heavy injuries even when winning previous missions.

Trick is to let your soldiers take some injuries so difficulty won’t scale up. You can even let to have one or 2 soldiers lost but not too often, and recruit replacements to be able to let them go to missions with your experienced soldiers.

As mcarver2000 says it doens’t work from mission to mission, but should be seen after like 3 missions. So you need to hold your forces tight when there are few difficult missions. Just don’t finish them fully healed.

Yes, however, if Snapshot plans to work on PP for the first two years after the release, is it practical to release mod support before they are done with the game? While they keep pumping out updates I don’t see mod support as viable option - never done modding, but game updates seem to break mods. If Snapshot starts break people’s favourite mods every month it will only upset players.