Danforth and the Mark of the Void

It’s breaking the last mission. Game should make fun, what it doesnt atm. Couldnt recommend buying it currently, until RB isnt saved in any way or Mark of the void isnt altered.

1 Like

you are entitled to have an opinion, I would recommend the game :slightly_smiling_face:

You can’t recommend game because last mission is hard? Good luck!

It isnt just hard, MotV Kills the fun of the last mission. Give me 20 Arthrons to Deal with. Absolutely ok.

Game is supposed to make fun for rookies too, not only legendary Players.

If so: lets remove all difficulties but legendary

1 Like

And: MotV should mark only one unit each round and give the possibilty to change soldiers Position. That doesn’t work anymore. Clearly a bug.

1 Like

How the hell is this a feature to them? They clearly created an ability with it’s description and tell us it is a bug. Now they say they don’t like the ability and decide to consider it better while leaving the old description?

I am a player, I see an ability with a description and it is not doing it. Of course I am going to think it is a bug. I see it reported as a bug. OK it needs fixing. Devs say they don’t consider it a bug? Is this not a blatant symptom of how far the divide between devs and their players?

I hear you. And this is what many players who play on these high levels seem to forget. The game is not made solely for them. I see this so often on game forums.

I have not played the last mission. So, what I say is more based on the comments in the thread here and what I frequently see on forums. Not in the context of this one mission.

Then it should not be marked saying it does something otherwise.

@Lodestar good point. I’ve made a canny about this. You are welcome to tell us your opinion there too.

Just may do that.

I don’t like Mark of the Void, or the entire final mission, both are weak, weak Power for the final boss and bad deployment for the final mission.

But I read biased posts here and I have to quote Devs in Discord:

@LouisdeFuines I'm confused as I thought this as reported to be fixed
@stridtul Yes I confirm, we have this bug on the list of things to fix

“To clarify there was a bug with Mark of the Void that it was doing 0 damage sometimes and i thought we are talking about this bug”

@LouisdeFuines I'm confused as I thought this as reported to be fixed --  @stridtul Yes I confirm, we have this bug on the list of things to fix

"MotV was never supposed to be prevented by priests. It was supposed to be void/true damage that is not reducible or preventable.

If it feels that it is too hard to deal with the ability then it is a balance issue"

"I welcome a discussion about it and we will listen to all suggestions of possible changes or reworks. The team is flexible and we are trying to listen to feedback as much as possible.

With that said we do not want to make rash decisions"

2 Likes

So, are we talking about a crossed wire between a feature of the power and an actual bug?

I think so, Devs fixed a bug,

this bug was: MoV is not working, 0 damage

and other people thought that Priests should protect soldiers from that damage

Devs were thinking that the reported bug was the about 0 damage, fixed now

And still some players don’t like amount of damage, it is a balance issue at most

2 Likes

Actually, prior to the fix Mark of the Void did do damage when units were not protected by priests. When protected, there was 0 damage. Since the designers don’t see it as psychic damage, it is now working as designed.

that’s correct, Devs decision

I think sometimes it did and sometimes it didn’t, because I don’t remember ever receiving damage from MoV, also without any priests on my team.

1 Like

I’ve done the final mission 5 or 6 times on every difficulty except Legendary.
I haven’t used Priests on the final (I don’t really get them).

I’ve always been damaged by Mark of the Void.
Technicians and Med kits are your friend.

Overall the final mission feels like a slog. But it is winnable as is.

1 Like

The finale is weak, sure.

There is no need to argue about whether MoV is a bug or not. I hope it was basically just about whether it is one to be right.

I don’t want to sound disrespectful now, but I will never understand this definition of “fun”.
Do you want to win against a “defenseless” final boss?
And if the boss defends himself, is there a clear reason to complain?

Now take a look at what the audience of a high-range streamer says about it …

Most liked comment: +100 -0
End of Xcom2 - […]
End of Phoenix Point - Nine dudes stood in a circle and rage burst a helpless artichoke for 10 rounds straight

1 Like

Huh ? What else is that Psychic Ward there for ? I have never seen any enemy use mind crush and afaik that’s the only ‘psionic damage’ there is other than MotV.

Does not compute.

It also protects against panic and I believe sonic screams.

That is not enough for me.