BB5 Windows and top floor cover

On the top floor my heavy is useless, since he cant shoot over half cover. And I can accept that almost. But Sniper? The sniper has a hard time also. So the flight on heavy is totally useless. And a sniper in top position is also totally useless. But was is even worse. my assaults cant shoot out of windows from second floor. this must be patched.

3 Likes

I tend to agree, while I get the heavy fires from the hip, it does mess with tactics and combat flow. Definitely sucks a bit having to make heavy jump down to fire at someone he has the drop on.

2 Likes

cough grenade launcher cough

2 Likes

I think a possible “fix” would be to ignore obstacles within a certain radius of the unit shooting, to prevent the “no LoS from cover” issue. IMO units should be able to “shoot over or under cover”, that’s the whole point of going into cover.

In the final game we will also need a better indicator of LoS, currently it’s saying “you’re fine”, then you move and you can’t even see the unit…

2 Likes

I think part of moving and not seeing the unit is that the LoS is computed for regular fire where the soldier leans or moves slightly to fire, not aimed fire where you can target certain spots manually. When you try to aim fire it recomputes LoS from the default position of the soldier so it no longer can “see” the target. It would be nice if solder would animate to the spot where the LoS was expected before letting you aim with camera in that position.

2 Likes