First of all, I LOVE the idea when you have three or four different research trees.
What I miss:
- clear information about research tree. right now after getting to some point in diplomacy (50%?) I got some of faction research. that’s great. but I would like to know where they are in they research, what can I expect, what they miss. MAYBE I could trade living crabmen that I have in my containment in exchange for new sniper technology?
- clear indicator that I have new research available from other faction. currently, faction tabs on research panel are unresponsive until something is there, but you have to click them to check that
- more complex research process.
1a) I see that I can manage my power and turn off some rooms if I have to redirect power… maybe there should be other option… to send more power if you want to increase the speed? so you could switch power between reseach and manufacturing (with limited base size, there is small chance that player would build a base with 10 power generators to speedup everything).
1b) maybe you could create ‘specialist’ guys available from a special room, and you can delegate these specialists to work with research, manufacturing or scanning?
- research tree. true tree, with visible dependencies and possible events like ‘breakthrough’ from XCOM reboot. I LOVED it…
- another idea for event: ‘New Jericho asked you for help in research. If you agree to delegate your research team to assist them for X days you will be rewarded with a new-improved project’ etc