BB5 Dash doesn't translate to higher altitudes

Hi, when using dash, it seems that you are unable to dash to a higher elevation (for example, dash up a stairs). This seems unintentional.

I have been able to dash to a higher level. Are you sure your soldier could move to the higher level in 2 action points or less?

Are you sure your soldier could move to the higher level in 2 action points or less?

Yes, my soldier was only three tiles removed from the stair but could not dash up a stairs. They could dash up via climbing up a rainpipe just fine, but not stairs.

I dashed to the higher level through a ladder. I did not understand your remark was about stairs only, I did not test that.

May or may not be applicable, but there may have been an eneny/neutral blocking the path on the stairs.

Ive dashed onto stairs, like the first 3-4 steps. But it might be correct that you cannot dash the entire flight of stairs.
You can dash-move-dash though.
But its illogical that you can climb a ladder three floors tall but not a flight of stairs.

Didn’t have any problems with stairs.

Could it be that stairs count as more than one movement point?
If so that could be what confused me. Although counting double point for stairs would be logical.

It is. Diagonal movement and jumps over the window and fence or on the crate also take little more action points than straight movement.

1 Like

Makes sense then. Dashing over open ground should be easier then navigating steps and such. :slight_smile: