Backer build 3 Question

Just wanted to ask this. Haven’t seen it anywhere. Will we be notified when BB3 is available or just keep checking the page.

Thanks
PS I Love this game.

1 Like

They usually send you an email for the download.

1 Like

Thanks. I wasn’t sure.

1 Like

You will receive an email from Xsolla when the new Backer Build is released. We will also announce it via Facebook, Twitter and our website.

2 Likes

While you wait, there is an ongoing free and open source alien invasion

Judging from the reaction in the Internet to prior Phoenix Point announcements, I don’t think you’ll miss BB3 :smiley:

1 Like

I was also wondering how you would go about downloading the latest backers build. It all seems to hang on a email and not your account.
Will we get the choice on release of either a Steam or GoG key?

1 Like

Exactly. Each pre-order would allow to choose where you want get your copy.

1 Like

You know you’re in trouble when “anti-psychotics” are standard issue soldier meds.

2 Likes

If you look on your receipt from Xsolla, you will see Merchant, details and then just below that “Thank you for your recently purchase. You can download bonus and game installer via this link.” The link will be just below that. The current build is BB2. BB3 will, tentatively, be out in the second week of November

You will get to choose whether you get a Steam or GOG key on release.

2 Likes

Thank you, I missed that bit of the email but can see it now, so all is good. Roll on November. :smiley:

1 Like

It sounds like from BB3 on there will be a install instead of a zipper folder. Is this true? Will we need BB2 for it?
Thanks

Backer Build 3 will use an installer for Windows (sorry Mac users, the installer still isn’t working on Mac, yet).

You won’t need BB2. You just download the installer, and log in. It will then download the game and keep it updated. Whenever there is an update it will just download the files that have been changed and won’t require to download the entire build from scratch.

What does it mean “login” ? Where should I register?

You will be able to create an Xsolla account directly from the launcher. You can also log in using MS Live, FaceBook, Discord, Google or Steam accounts.

So we will have additional registration quest? Everything can go wrong will go wrong. :japanese_ogre:

If you have a Steam, Facebook, Google, Windows Live or Discord account already, you can just click the button for that on the launcher and it will use that account to log you in. No registration required. All you will need to do is grant permission for the launcher to use that service to sign you in.

If you don’t have an account with any of those, or you don’t wish to use one, then yes, you will need to create an Xsolla account, which is as simple as entering your email and choosing a password in the launcher, then clicking a link in the email sent to you to validate the address.