Back Build 5 Update

The Backer Build 5 update is now live for Windows.

Mac OS build will be live within the hour.

Your version of BB4 on the Epic Games Store should automatically update.

1 Like

It should update automatically, but its not, and and manual update wonā€™t start as well.
I trying to reinstall it now. What is the size of that build?

Approximately 11.1GB on PC

1 Like

Hi,
I just installed for the first time on the Epic Games Platform with the key provided in March, and the Phoenix Point version number says 0.4.48218.
Iā€™m thinking that itā€™d have a 5.something version number. Is 0.4.48218 the right version number for Backer build 5?

Iā€™m pretty sure it ā€œshouldā€ show 5.something.

But i can confirm you that i have 0.4.48218 showing in epic version number too, while the game is effectively up to date and on BB5 ^^

Good information to know, but when I launch the game, when itā€™s in the main menu, in the lower right hand corner it still says ā€œREVISION 48218ā€.
Is there any other place besides there that it would show?

they forgot to update the build number. Thatā€™s all

We have a patch to resolve as many of the major bugs as we can that weā€™re currently working on. This will get some extensive testing as we donā€™t want to introduce more bugs, and want to fix as many as we can. Weā€™re not going to rush with it, but weā€™re expecting to have it before the weekend.

I backed the game on Fig on May 2, 2017 (backer #6,906) at the $25 level, but havenā€™t been able to figure out how to gain access to Backer Build 5. I remember receiving an e-mail months ago regarding Epic Store exclusivity, but donā€™t remember seeing any mention of activating or transferring my backing to that store. Now, I canā€™t find the e-mail.

Are there instructions listed anywhere for those, like me, who backed it on Fig, yet donā€™t have it in their Epic Store library?

Thanks!

That sounds like the Digital Download Edition which does not include early access.

1 Like

It is. But your July 29 forum post stated ā€œbackers and early-access buyers,ā€ so I just wanted to make sure I hadnā€™t missed a correspondence.

Thanks for the reply.

The update on July 29th (not written by myself, I just posted it) was poorly worded and has caused some confusion. It was referring to backers and early access buyers who have a tier which includes early access.

Sorry for the confusion.

1 Like

Hi, downloaded the latest backer build this morning and was psyched to try it out when I coame home. However, when I start it the unity logo appears and the nothing happens unless I click somewhere on the screen when the program stops responding. only way to shut it off is to terminate the process.

Please trying leaving it for a few minutes as we have had reports of very long initially start up times. In nearly all cases, it will eventually start if left for a few minutes.

1 Like

roger, I need to do my laundry anyhow so, Iā€™ll return with a report after that, thank you for the swift reply :slight_smile:

Edit: Patience is a virtue, And I shall strive to be virtuous

Now you have no excuses not doing laundry :'D

I have trouble starting the game as well. Only managed to start the game 2 times so far with long loading times. Would be nice to know to see a ā€˜loadingā€™ screen at that moment.

Sometimes it takes a really long time for me, but I just start the game and go grab a coffee or something.

Try to just leave it for 2-4 minutes

For me itā€™s more like 5-10 minutes :wink: