Auto turrets OP

I fully agree with you in all the nerfs you sugere in Turrets and Tech remote control. And a good ideia was to substitute “return fire” to “opportuny fire”.

Unfortunatelly i doubt the devs listen the advanced players to rebalance game.

And multiple Techs can activate the same Turret.

I killed a Scylla in first turn before she made a move with a Sniper mark for death and a single Scorcher AT Turret remoted controled by 3 techs.

Devs are barely listening to advanced players, they want changes, sure, but “nefing” broken weapons, bonuses, combos, they said to us that those changes are postponed, at least until Festering Skies is released, and that might happen in April.

So I think we have turrets as they are, and I decided to deploy only one turret per mission, and only per Scylla, so the use is testimonial, also only one manual control per turn and one technician in the squad.

Not being funny but what did the devs expect when they refused to change their view of a sandbox game? They want you to experiment and do what you want and when you do they change it! Sandbox games are all well and can be good but not so much in a tactical game where fantasy overpower is put against “realism”.

1 Like

Fully agree… and we must keep the pressure to they change it, at least in Legendary level.
Legendary MUST BE a Challenge and only hard core players should be able to finish it.
And Ironman, or at least, impossible to save in battles should be implemented in Legendary.

That are GREAT NEWS… why you said it? It is a guess or you have some information from devs?

And what about your rules to play a fair game?
How you play Phoenix Point now?

In your oppinion, what are the worst overpower that destroy game and give super advantages to player?

I am finishing my Legendary campaign and will do all the 3 factions final (did the PP Final without allies in my first Hero campaign), but for play in future i would like to have a fair challenge and not like i am playing now where is impossible to lose a mission and only if i play really bad i can lost a soldier.

There was a topic exactly about that. And I think @etermes has already commented there:

Just my bet, we are (still) in the dark about next DLC, content and release date

My rules are too long, and too many restrictions,
in fact I have completed all 5 endings playing YOE (I did it before YOE too), so I took a rest, not playing at all, I don’t know if a I will play seriously another campaign in a long time.

So many OP broken things in the game… but of course Scorcher AT, War Cry, Viral damage for Scyllas, multiclass involving infiltrator using Sneak Attack and berserker with Adrenaline, Vengeance Torso + Rapid clearance… are super OP and there are many more

All results of a sandbox game that wasn’t planned properly and a recalcitrance to listen to the community by the developers who had/have tunnel vision.

1 Like

Why War Cry? And you did not mentioned Boom Blaster that imo is a great overpower also… just because enemies always shot once and player launch 3 explosives in same turn (2 grenades + 1 missile).

Of course, Boom Blast, Inspire, and Rage Burst is irrelevant now too, and I don’t use second class.

1 Like

Canny Official Feedback Tool topic:
https://feedback.phoenixpoint.info/feedback/p/auto-turrets-op

Technicians don’t have strong synergy with any 2nd class. As single class they may be strong, but compared to a proper synergistic dual class they are not.

The best you can do as a Technician is 2 remote controls on a Scorcher AT. For 2x60x8, 960 damage with medium accuracy and no shred/pierce. Nice? Sure, but a Scorpion-armed sniperist Berserker/Infiltrator can do ~350 x 4, while ignoring any armor. While a Rapid clearance build can go kill whole map, given good placement of enemies.

Everything useful can be made OP. The same can be said about almost every other game. Come to think of it, there are players out there that OP and either need nerfing or banning from the game. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: