August Development Update

There is gain in power, and there is WotC

Yes saw this one too :o). Even better.

Now I wonder about that 9th screen. If there is production queue, will it be possible to change order of items in that queue if their production haven’t started yet? Or maybe we will be able to pause production of one item and start production of another?

Seems like it’s a special screen not linked to “manufacturing” (back screen shows that “geoscape” is still selected) but helping you to go quicker with making sure your soldiers are ready for next fight.

The way I understood it is that you have a “tab” for each type of soldier you have in your currently selected manticore (what about dual classing ?). The left panel displays the soldiers for this type, with their current inventory. You can build new items.

The middle panel shows information about the selected inventory item (I guess the one selected is not on the left because the user changed tab or scrolled the left panel after selecting).

The right panel shows everything that is currently being produced (4d to build a helmet ?). But since there is a separation, does it mean that only one item is built at a time ? Depends on number of production buildings in the bases ? You can decide in which one you produce so it is not too far ? I guess all of this will be known in December.

For replenishing the soldiers, the way I would see it is that each time you come back from a mission your inventory is in the same state that before leaving. Your weapons are automatically refilled (change the magazine for a full one - bullets can be moved from one magazine to an other to consolidate - so you don’t waste bullets). If you used grenades, same type is taken from the store. Same for medkits. Things that you took in crates are removed from your inventory and put into storage. Basically, when you modify a soldier’s inventory, it becomes his template, and you would receive an alert if the game cannot apply it.

So the only thing you would have to worry about is having enough magazines, grenades, medkits in store to do so (global store or per base/manticore).

Yes it is screen definitely designed to replenish and prepare soldier’s inventory for next mission (which also means we will be able to save inventory preset for each soldier - yeah!). But it would be strange if right part of the screen wouldn’t be linked to manufacturing, unless you mean specific button on geoscape screen which you probably do. Then yes whole manufacturing screen probably will look differently (with allocation of base staff and AI to do the job, maybe allowing for some boos in production), but here we have a look at the production queue in selected base.

Background can be a placeholder as this whole screen seems to be just graphical design for presentation purposes not actually presenting real values from the game. Few examples why:

• selected class is turret (icons most on the left side) and shown are two technicians,
  • which for some reason have heavy cannon ammo, cypher handgun and shotgun (by icon, names all point to Jormungandr Cannon?) where with non of these items they have proficiency
  • middle part has Bulldog rifle in the icon, but below there are old stats from BB3 even with old name of that rifle
  • all production times are 3.83 days no matter if that is ammo, pistol, shotgun or any part of armor so it must be just graphical copy/paste part… I REALLY hope that ammo production (maybe except explosives) won’t take more than few hours.

BTW. Geoscape in background can be in almost all screens which are not during the mission so in base management, manufacturing, diplomacy, research, personell etc. It may be just blurred. Design here depends on developers desire if they want to keep players focus on specific screen or not.

If this is the case then they must insert some dropdown list above that screen to allow player to select desired manticore/ base. Question is if we will be able to take items to Manticore cargo storage or we will be able to replenish items only in bases? Maybe class icons are just filters to show specified class (I would say that if you select technician there it will also show all soldiers which have technician class as their 2nd class).

4 days are probably just example text as I have mentioned above. I would say that each Fabrication Plant allows to produce 1 item at a time. If you have 2 Fabrication Plants then you can produce 2 items simultaneously (or maybe they will produce 1 item but faster?). And I highly hope that each base with this plant will have their own production queue like in old games. It should be known in less than 2 weeks as this part should be in BB5.

It is like that right now. I hope that they will add replenishment of consumables and destroyed/damaged weapons and armors. About removing items from soldiers’ inventory it is hard to say if Manticore will have its own cargo hold to allow for such removal. Maybe it will happen only after arriving to base.

I hope there won’t be global store which teleport items all over the Earth like in BB4. :wink: