Assaults on Phoenix Bases completely broken... and while we are at it, ambush missions as well

Do they even listen…

Yes they do listen - Re: Base Defense Options

With the free update to DLC 1, we are tripling the time window to react to impending base attacks. With DLC 2, the procurement of special defenders for Phoenix-controlled sites will be introduced in the game.

Though this does not necessarily address the major issues addressed in this thread, they are listening. Be sure to make you feelings felt on their Feedback site.

I think this could be an option if you kill all enemies

It wasn’t implemented in Backers Builds, and as we see it is still not implemented in full release. But they definitely had stationary turrets in design.

1 Like

Hmmm. I have mixed feelings about this one. I like basic premise but it could lead to such a complications. Who are those defenders? Can they progress in level like normal soldiers? Can we recruit them? Can we equip them or they have default weapons? Are they mere copy of base defenders in Firaxis X-Com base defense mission?

Wont it be automated defenses? Like drones or turrets, maybe some robot which would like always the same stats and weapons?

I wonder too. They sad “defenders” not “defenses”, so I suppose those are not turrets.

Robots would be nice addition to the game. But then, why not to be able to take few robots on missions too. I suppose that in the Blood and Titanium DLC they will introduce exactly that.

Not necessarily. You came to the location and explored. During this time you probably did some resource gathering and during one of those you got ambushed. So you would have some resources that you have gathered, a bit like the other random “non ambush” events.

I don’t think that soldiers do heavy lifting of resources. They just explore the area and once it is secured somebody/somewhat else collects resources. If soldiers do heavy lifting then they should lose some stamina after every resource gathering.

So if soldiers fled and area is not secured then there is no reason to get resources IMO.

Remember currently resources doesn’t weight anything. :smiley: One of my requests to add to them weight parameter and put some limit for them in the store (which should also be limited by weight not the space). :slight_smile:

good point

That would add too much complexity to the game. I like good strategy layer in games but this would be too much even for my taste.

Off topic: You would like “They are billions” then

Well in many strategic games you need to build some store to expand your limit of resources. Even if they are battery for energy storage.

Currently store is way too expendable and not important building. I wanted to give it more meaning. :wink:

Oh, I know, trust me on that. Played “Billions” like mad before this. There you always have to build something to use resources. Even gold storage is limited, if you don’t use it in time it is wasted. But I don’t think it would fit this game very good.

I understand your concern. Probably it is because game currently focus too much on combat instead of strategic part.

I would also like to balance it. There would be more to manage in strategic part and it would greatly impact what you have to equip for your soldiers and then it would impact possible “solutions” in combat. Strategy would affect your combats. There would be slower progression of enemy, lower number of combats (or at least lower frequency of them) and they would give nice chunk of resources to manage on strategic part. Also resources wouldn’t be wasted if there would be not enough space in storage. But all manufacturing (in base with full storage) and inventory movement to storage would be blocked. :slight_smile:

BTW sorry for the offtop… Gosh why I need to think about so many game aspects which need to be taken care of.

+1 to that

I would like to see implemented limited storage capacity on ships, and trade system with havens. So no item teleportation, you can buy ammo and weapons from havens and sell what you don’t need. That would give the flexibility of using different gear on different missions, and would remove need for constant reequiping between teams.

And +1 to that

That’s because, although unfinished and unbalanced, this game is really really good. I can only imagine how good it would be if it was finished.