I just completed the first Anu Diplomacy Mission, which on the face of it looked tough – multiple regenerating Heavies backed up by 3 snipers - ouch! So imagine my surprise (tinged by a little disappointment), when it turned out to be such a paper tiger that I was able to take it out with just 3 Squaddies: one Sniper, one Grenade Launcher, and one hammer-wielding loon doped up on Dash.
To be fair, my Heavy was busy jumping all over the map acting as a WP-farm for the Dash-Head, but the other two simply sat in the sunshine eating sandwiches and enjoying the show.
I think the problem with the scenario as it stands is twofold:
- The Enemies spent so much of their time prioritising Healing over fighting that they never actually got round to shooting at me.
- By the time they thought to go into Overwatch, I’d destroyed all the Snipers’ rifles and all but one of the Heavies’ machine guns.
This was compounded when 3 of them huddled together in a mutual Healing cluster, enabling ‘Lobster’ Lobato to Dash forward, lob a GL grenade onto them, then Dash back into cover without anyone ever firing a shot at her. The coup-de-grace came when Xu ‘Warrior’ Dashed halfway across the map and felled the last 2 Heavies with her hammer 'cos I didn’t want to waste any more valuable ammunition on them.
HERE ARE MY SUGGESTED FIXES:
- The Snipers should prioritise Overwatch over Healing one another – and they should go into Overwatch on Turn 1, even if not Alerted (which is what I do routinely on a mission).
- All Enemies should prioritise ducking for cover over Healing a squadmate – 'cos standing out in the open trying to put on a Band Aid is a recipe for disaster!
- Wounded squadmates should default to falling back to their comrades for Healing, rather than having their squadmates come out of cover and abandon shooting for Healing.
- Give them Return Fire, so that Dashing out into the open, lobbing a grenade, then Dashing back again isn’t a viable player strategy. Even then, they’re gonna lose their weapon to the grenade blast 60% of the time.
- AND FIX DASH!
Hope that helps.