About nerfs in patch of 16/01

In my opinion it can be a lot faster and a lot longer (without boredom) I’d say Normal play, skipped all video and texts, go straight to shorter path, and good enough team setup, I’d say 20H not a speedrun but with perfect knowledge of the game.

But also in my opinion XCOM1&2 campaigns extended start be tedious at 50H (approximate) but it’s more 70H with Long War 2 and 90H with PP.

I also suffer of the too long games syndrome, The Witcher 3, Skyrim, Long War 2, JA2, more I never finished because I was bored. My first campaign win with PP was easily 100H I was never bored but had like 5 different teams plus variations to play with. Only last part of final was at the limit, finished it anyway but was close to give up.

Totally Get that PP would need to get the tech to build the Faction classes and am ok with this personally even though I love more classes and agree that our standard one’s could use like one more variation or some more new possible randomized skills.

More skills in general would be good, but I don’t think it makes sense to gain skills from other classes until you have encountered those classes.

1 Like

I’m wondering if instead of 3 random skills at random skill levels it would be better to:

1. Give soldiers 2 random skills to start with that exist in levels 1-5
  2. Skills are associated with certain level ranges - meaning some skills that are more “powerful” require higher level slots to appear in (which gives some sort of progression to skills)
  3. Save the 3rd skill until level 6 when 2nd class is likely chosen - perhaps explained by soldier’s experience in the field leading to new skills
  4. 3rd skill exists in level 6-7 slot and is very likely to be beneficial to one or both existing soldier classes.

Quiet honestly: Buy destroying the dash command you took what little fun i had in this game.
Just placing snipers at somewhere on the map, out of range for everything, just is boring. If you want to let all people use snipers, why implement any other weapons at all?
While basically my stormtroups are now useless, because i cant apply my favorit tactics properly anymore, the sirens still remain the same overpower basterds they where they appear from behind a rock, take over 2 soldiers in one turn and basically my mission is ruined and i need to restart.
Ressource collection is to slow to even compansate one loss of a good soldier, while the enemys seem to adapt at light speed.
Before, when i had dash, i could still somewhat compensate the overpowered enemies, now, no longer.
Well thats it for me. #deinstallation

1 Like

That is sad to watch… People uninstall game because one skill has changed… LOL. Have a good life then and play other games. :slight_smile:

Dashing to another game where Dash hasn’t been nerfed yet… :upside_down_face:

Myself I compensated by using more Rally to get a high flexibility. It limits use cases compared to old dash, but also it is deeper because Rally requires a global squad thinking.

I think limit dash to 2 or 3 use per turn would be a better nerf, and that closer range combat wasn’t needing a nerf compared to longer range combat. But longer range get more nerfed with Quick Aim and Rage Burst.

I still use very often Dash, and put more care on damages of soldiers. There’s still so many tactical possibilities, it’s plain huge, so this Dash nerf didn’t improved the game or fixed so OP holes I never saw, but the game is still over the melee on amount of tactical possibilities, and on party turn depth and complexity. I’m used to get tired of a game sooner, there’s a reason, at least for me. :slight_smile:

© Coleman

What I dislike about the patch is that priorities of the devs clearly were not on actual balance or more important things like bug fixes which they should have been. The patch doesn’t make other options more viable (like acid which is big time in need of rebalancing) it just makes the one viable path worse. The ridiculous armor system that makes 99% of assault weapons useless is still there only now the effective ARs have been nerfed. The worst part of the AR nerf is that now the Piranha lost its edge over the gauss rifle. What is the point if it basically has no difference in damage from its predecessor 99% of the time. If the enemy has 10 armor there is no difference in damage, if the enemy has 20 armor there’s no difference in damage, but on the rare occasion you find an enemy without armor it’s a liability. Better off using armor shred with a Hephaestus. They tried to create balance really they just made it pointless to ever use assault rifles after early game. I guess if everything sucks then that is technically balanced.

The Marksman nerf really bugs me in part because it’s still bugged! What kind of reasoning prioritizes a nerf over a needed bugfix that renders a perk useless 90% of the time? Now Marksman is just worthless. They clearly did not approach balance from a player’s perspective or with any deeper consideration than “people are doing X, nerf x” and the result is that players are left with worse options instead of more options.

As far I know only the Piercing AR nerf was involved in players stats. Less options, certainly, then some nerfs was needed anyway, and you should better expect more coming.

I don’t think all players have the same opinions on that last patch and each of its changes. What seem to you all bad, is eventually not for some other players.

Nerfs are a complex matter and always generate negative feedback, reset of skills and attributes and classes isn’t provided, in my opinion they need add one optional at next batch of nerfs.

No nerf was needed. The game was plenty hard for anyone who isn’t a master of strategy games. What they need to do is expand options not narrow them.

1 Like