Today, our latest patch, “Dunwich,” (revision 1.0.54973 EGS) releases on the Epic Games Store. This addresses the following issues.
- Rage Burst - Reduced to 5 bursts maximum with 50% accuracy penalty - We want to reduce the effectiveness of the ability while retaining its usefulness against big targets
- Mind Control - Cost increased by 1 AP - Mind Control without any AP cost requirement was making the ability too versatile and, in some cases, too powerful when used by Pandorans.
- Mind Crush - Cost increased by 1 AP - The ability was too strong against groups of enemies, allowing for chain use (as long as enemies die in the process). We are keeping its power effect, but limiting the number of its uses per turn.
- Master Marksman - Accuracy bonus is reduced from 50% to 30%. The ability is too versatile (useful with highly inaccurate weapons) so it needed a bit of tweaking downwards.
- Quick Aim - No longer gives bonus accuracy. The ability is mainly used for its cost reduction component and the added accuracy bonus made it too good.
- Dash - Now costs 1 AP but the range of the ability is increased from 50% to 75% of movement range. Dash is one of the most abused abilities in the game because of its versatility. We do not want to reduce the fun factor of the ability or reduce its power but we want to limit the situations in which it is used. Before the change with 4 dashes a character’s movement range was 100% + 4 x 50% = 300%; after the change 0% + 4 x 75% = 300%. Mobility wise the ability is the same but provides less versatility when it comes to shooting and can effectively be used about 2 times per turn.
- Induce Panic - Cost increased from 2 WP to 3 WP and 1 AP. The ability cost was way too low for its effect and the fact that it had no AP requirement made it spammable.
- Bloodlust - Bonus speed and damage is capped at 50% bonus. The previous bonus of 100% was too strong and was leading to undesired exploits.
- Grenade Launcher - Accuracy increased. This change will reduce the frustration of players not hitting anything they want to.
- PRCR Sniper - Damage reduced from 130 to 120. Statistics show that piercing weapons are overused because their power level was not on par with other weapons of the same tech level.
- PRCR Assault Rifle - Damage increased from 30 to 40, burst reduced from 5 to 4, pierce value reduced from 20 to 10 and ammo capacity reduced from 40 to 32. Statistics show that piercing weapons are overused compared to other equivalent tech.
- Mortar Chiron - Reduced explosive power from 60 to 50. Damage was reduced because on some maps players weren’t able to find cover fast enough.
- Spawnery - Hit points are nearly doubled. It was too easily destroyed on Lair missions
- Mutog Recruitment - Cost of recruitment has been increased significantly. The previous cost was unintentionally low.
- Human Enemies - Generally have more stat points, because they were too easily mind controlled or killed with one shot.
- Medical Bay - Heals not only soldiers but Mutogs too for 4 hit points per hour. Before mutation lab construction there was no chance for the player to heal Mutogs.
- Environmental Destruction - Floors and roofs can be partially destroyed by grenades now.
- Fixed a hang when a Mindfragger tries to mind control a decoy.
- Fixed a hang when using the flamethrower near the edge of Alien Lair maps.
- Fixed a hang when a Scylla used the Sonic Blast ability right after using the Mist Launcher.
- Fixed a hang when breaking an Arthron’s gun arm while the enemy was stepping out of cover.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s units could be deployed between impassable cover on some Disciples of Anu maps.
- Fixed an issue where units would fall through stairs and die.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s soldiers could deploy in the walls of a Phoenix Base mission.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles couldn’t reach the evacuation zone on some maps.
- Fixed an issue where the environment was blocking the passage to the Spawnery in Alien Lairs.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles had no collision with some unbreakable pillars.
- Fixed an issue where enemy vehicles could be deployed on the roofs of buildings.
- Fixed an issue where enemy Pandorans could not move from their initial deployment in Alien Lairs.
“Dunwich” will deploy a few days later on the UWP (Windows Store / Windows Game Pass) due to certification requirements.
Snapshot Games is committed to making Phoenix Point a fun and enjoyable experience for everyone, so please keep giving us your feedback. We will be rolling out a new feedback platform soon, more to come on that in another update. For now, please do continue to report bugs in-game via the F12 tool, or here on the forums.
If an issue you have reported hasn’t been addressed in this patch, don’t worry. Fixes and balance changes take time and have to be performed incrementally to avoid causing additional issues with balance and stability further down the line.