A Simple Solution to the Dash Debate

Just like the Dash right now. :slight_smile:

As I player I would then counter that AI move by saying ‘‘I think I’ll go back to playing something else like, I dunno… Woodworking Simulator’’ :wink:

3 Likes

which is why I started this thread in the first place, remember. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s just, the more I think about this, the more I realise that some of these powers mainly feel OP because we’re all Level 7 lab-rats running around a maze populated by Lvl 1 orcs, and we may not feel nearly so omnipotent when the creatures we go up against are Lvl 7 Monsters with powers equal to our own.

I hope that “level 1” monsters will become at most “level 3 or 4” monsters. So they will upgrade to resist our shots from certain weapons, but other our weapons will still make them fodder. And they will become more deadly, but still not so deadly to independently overpower level 7 soldier.

Those are mini bosses and bosses and I hope they will appear alone or in max 3 units per battle. Then they can have even better powers than our soldiers have. But still it shouldn’t enable us to have each and every soldier with super-powers like Dash. We should bring them down with effort of at least few units using standard weak skills.

If game will be in theme you have described then I will probably get interest in it really quickly. Whole lore and announcements foretold completely other game, where humans fight for survival, they encounter horrible monstrocities and that there will be something unknown luring in the mist. Not the battle of Phoenix Avengers vs Anu aka. Thanos.

1 Like

That was still part of old X-Com TFTD, some Aliens were more or less vulnurable to Gauss. We haven’t heared about resistances yet, but hopefully they will implement something like it.

• armor is kind of resistance to conventional damage :slight_smile:
  • some weapons have good penetration, but low damage (something to overcome resistance, but had a disadvantage of low damage which can be poor vs high HP)
  • high HP pools are kind of resistance vs explosives
  • some enemies have fire, poison and acid resistance
  • high strength (max creature HP) is also good resistance vs stun

maybe they will introduce more of such things and all of them will be balanced. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re right Yokes. I was thinking about something special to laser other than armor. Haven’t seen any fire/poison/acid resistances on aliens or can’t remember, good to know there are some. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I agree.
The problem with dash isn’t just that it’s overpowered, it’s that in its current state, it’s so ridiculous it ruins the immersion.
having higher level enemies that counter it doesn’t solve the problem of your soldiers being Barry Alan.

I agree with MichaelIgnotus’s main points about balancing and lab rats generally though.