When Phoenix Point gets caught up by Reality

I would ask Allen Stroud or Jonas Kyratzes if they ever would ever conceive such a baffling scenario as this one for Phoenix Point’s initial drafts:

“Sweet Mother of Jesus, a powerful and invisible enemy is sweeping the world, killing thousands and wreaking the economy, what are we to do??!!”
“Just wear a mask. Cheap, easy, efficient.”
“A mask, you say?? NEVER!!!”
Fight ensues

2 Likes

If they were part of Snapshot Games any longer, then maybe they could create some events resembling this reality. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Didn’t know they weren’t working at Snapshot anymore. Well, someone will make a mod out of it.

Step 1. Research “Mask”
Step 2. Manufacture “Mask”
Step 3. Wins Game

2 Likes

I must say, I was deeply distressed by how difficult it was to get antibacterial hand soap for a while, soon after this whole thing started here in UK.

So, are you telling me that before that people didn’t wash their hands regularly? :nauseated_face:

Anti-bacterial soap (along with misuse of antibiotics) has created the conditions that has given rise to superbugs. While mostly seen in many health care facilities, there are increasing reports of them appearing in common households.

Any health care professional will tell you any soap will do, the trick is HOW you wash your hands and for how long. Antibacterial soap also kills good bacteria in addition to helpingmake the bad ones even tougher.

via Harvard: http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2017/say-goodbye-antibacterial-soaps-fda-banning-household-item/

antibiotic/antibacterial toughening effect - increased resistance: http://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2016/antibiotic-resistance-old-genes-new-problems/

1 Like

The pandoravirus is not only a virus that you breath like corona, it causes mutations on the being that make contact with it. So contact with the skin causes troubles already.
But you are right, wear nbc clothes with masks probally are suficient to prevent infection from pandora i think.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The Mask Debate. You know they do not stop any Virus at all, right?

To wit this, from the CDC: “COVID 19 virus particle size is 125 nanometers (0.125 microns); the range is 0.06 microns to .14 microns,” the post said. “The N95 mask filters down to 0.3 microns. So, N95 masks block few, if any, virus.

Shocker, I know, and so do all Dr.s RN’s and Medical Professionals. :open_mouth: