Vote: steal or build an aircraft?

Really? Its slow, true, but can carry a lot of soldiers (most per one aircraft) and has highest range. Several times I was unable to reach Antartica without it. Siding with Anus can provide even extension to its range.

Surely, design is retro, but so are Anus.

@walan sorry for offtopic

All black PR against Anu like Anus was created by the gay group from Sinidreon, ā€œNJā€ simply against the Mutants.

1 Like

If you read carefully my post, I made a case for its effectiveness with locations where you canā€™t access without multiple base scanning, but only for that purpose , it is too slow for timed events

But you donā€™t need a Tiamat for Antarctica anymore, because you have a base in South America, Tierra de Fuego

1 Like

It would be logical to assume that all aircraft will be rebalanced from DLC3 - Festering Skies (air battles).

2 Likes

Actually, Tiamat is awful, a speed of 200 means, the haven 2000 km next to your base will be destroyed before reaching it. There should be a special aircraft, that combines the strength of all ships.

In my opinion, 2x helios is the best setup in the game, these 650 speed is over the top.

2 Likes

Glad about it, I see fast Synderion ships can now reach it :slight_smile:
Logically Australia should make it too, but game designers decided to take South America

I would have liked more votes, but the result is pretty clear.
Approx. 87% find steal an aircraft to be more efficient, whereas the players who have been part of the forum for a longer time avoid it more through self-enforced rules.

The thing is: Actually, the factions are initially very suspicious and that also seems to fit well into the entire PP universe. Little by little you build their trust until they start sharing their technology with you.

The theft game mechanics allows me to have a faction on my side, then steal an aircraft from them and one mission later even reach the next diplomatic level with the same faction!
I hope Iā€™m not the only one who thinks that something has failed.

In real life, trust is hard to gain, but easy to lose. And that should also be the case with PP.

9 Likes

Iā€™d really like it if there was some way to get faction aircraft without killing their owners (kind of evil) or waiting to get the tech and then building it yourself (really slow and really expensive).

I put up a few suggestions on the feedback tool:

1. Factions offering aircraft as one-time rewards for difficult missions
  2. Rescue missions where you secure/repair/evac with a crashed aircraft
  3. Buying aircraft from factions that you have Supportive status with
  4. Having factions offer to build you stuff with their tech as a mission reward
8 Likes

I love your suggestions , the need of an additional aircraft early game is one of the most obvious things to get the opportunity to defend different continents , to explore more POIs, obtaining more resources and REP through those sites and research, build, produce faster

I donā€™t want to steal but I am forced to do that playing Legend now (Necronomicon update) and also you need more aircrafts for LOTA DLC , you will find out this week.

1. Rescue missions is my favorite

and I will add

1. Renting, that way you use the aircraft and you produce when you can, later

or 5. Black Market, arms dealer offering you a damaged aircraft for a better price, deal!

2 Likes

Exactly, itā€™s why I didnā€™t vote for a choice. IME the early hit to morale is not a show stopper and is less than the advantage of having another aircraft. Like you, after the first one, I buy what I need.

Tell me please, if you had ā€œspareā€ Manticores, would you still persist in pursuing Helios?

• spare = broken (price in resources), evacuate (price at risk), search mission of 5 points / chain of 3 (price at time)
1 Like

I would like that.

Probably it could also be a unique aircraft, something in between Maticore and Helios for small squads (maybe 4), good range and speed (lower as Helios but better than Manticore).

Hmm ā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

Probably not. Theyā€™re better than Manticores, but not massively better.

Just from a pure optimal play point of view itā€™s always worth it to steal Helioses (huge reward, low cost), but I donā€™t really like the ā€˜steal aircraftā€™ mechanic so Iā€™d rather avoid it.

I would use that aircraft for exploring , 1 soldier +1 vehicle, facing ambush mission without too much risk

Even with a 4 man crew ambushes shouldnā€™t be a big deal and doable.
The more I think about it, I would like it :slight_smile:

Wait for the next update tomorrow, with evolved Pandorans

It will make sense to design a new aircraft after DLC3.

4 Likes

So, now that i read in the notes of the last update that the war against the others factions is finally effective, does it worth to steal an aircaft, resources? The factions are easy at war against us if we doing that or is it only after 2 or 3 bad things we done against them?

Now you can raid a faction and still be far away from a war. Even worst: you can raid and be best friend with the same faction after one mission.

2 Likes

Ohā€¦ not good at allā€¦ :weary: