Very last mission (Spoiler)

As you do damage to him, he will switch between tentacles and the open side will change.

Keep a guy with Iconoclast in overwatch near the spawning points … or two since they have lots of armor.
I’m not sure if a heavy with war cry can work on them on the turn before they appear.

After Leviathan-Patch:
First room is in 80 % times filled with Acid/Mortar Chiron.

How am I supposed to get past them?

I’m not a fan of the last mission, looks and feels like someone was finishing up the levels last thing on Friday/Saturday and just thought “ok, that’ll do”.

It’s even worse if the mortar Chirons are in the first chamber, you have to just hide behind the wall and try to snipe them. If they are in the second room you juts snipe them from the first chamber. They are either an over the top threat or no threat at all.
But that’s an issue with the unit as well.

The level needs a little dev love to make it interesting, at the moment it just seems like a generic final boss fight.

I have a question… HOW do you get the beacon? Not the VIRUS injector which is sitting there waiting for you when you get there, but the beacon which calls in the air strike? It is what is researched during the game and it shows a completely different looking device! I played it through twice now and paid very careful attention to it and I just can not for the life of me see how to get it? You cant manufacture it and it is NOT anywhere to be found in the last map? So both times I had to go with the virus to end it. So anyone know? Also just a note on your comment about the Mortar Chirons, they can and do shoot over the VERY large wall when you first arrive without issue I get swamped with worms! AND… the goo has ACID in it… Did you know that, the dam thing gives you acid damage! Also the Goo that comes from the two HUGE monsters (forget their names) is also ACID… So not only do you get goo but acid on top if it. However, I have manage to complete both times without a loss of any men so I can’t complain to much. The map is actually very well laid our for defense, but the end creature is way to strong and the time it takes to kill is beyond boring because they just keep spawning more aliens to annoy you! My main strategy is I give everyone a paralyzer sniper rifle and paralyze everything and then use the living weapons to kill them, so by the time I reach the end creature I have a full stock of amo and rockets and that usually makes very short work of him with “mark for death” I found last time I got it down by over two thirds just by snipping it from the second chamber nothing came down they will not leave that room! I thought I was going to be able to kill it from the second chamber then just as I was about to get it the dam thing put up his walls and I eventually had to go in but it was just about dead when I got there.