Unable to defeat lair and can two squads attack it?

If it’s straightforward then it’s with specific tools and builds. But the intimidating aspect is very true, a recent Haven defense had a Scylla and 4 Sirens (no Chiron), I didn’t saw all at first but after first moves in first turn the Scylla and 2 Sirens (plus some crabs and Triton). With team build ready and think stay calm, it runs rather well, if a soldier died it’s only from a sniping shot from another side of a building and multiple windows broken or open, sigh.

Gee if true that’s a huge point, no more wondering where the target is.

Also I didn’t noticed for spawning points, thanks to pinpoint. :slight_smile:

Got first Chiron bombards and there was two, I didn’t used cover walls trick, after first double salvo, some weapons destroyed, instant evac. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Which is what I mean by ‘once you’ve figured out how to deal with it’.

For me, both the fun and the challenge of this game is being taken out of my XCOM comfort zone and being forced to experiment until I find a way to neutralise eg: RF, Sirens, Chirons, MC, Scyllas etc. The first time you encounter them, you’re like: ‘WTF?!???’ Then you try something and it works, and little by little you hit on a set of tactics that neutralise it.

The problem I have is that the much-vaunted ‘Panrodans evolving in response to your tactics’ seems to have degenerated into ‘the Crabbies get bigger guns’, and that is really not very interesting. I’m on record elsewhere arguing that we should be seeing obvious evolutions to Shields & Armour that deal with specific ways we operate: for example, as we all start sniping at the Siren’s head, the Siren should have evolved a shield by now, which it curls up behind at the end of its move (costing it AP/WP to do so), protecting its head from Sniper shots. THAT’s a proper evolution in response to our tactics - not giving Crabbies 1-shot MGs.

1 Like

The evolution adapting to tactics overused is perhaps a bit ambitious, tactical value is a complex affair.

https://www.nexusmods.com/phoenixpoint

26 mods to date.

My first lair was a save scumming nightmare crawl.

My second one was a cake walk.

Here are the things you need to do:

• don’t go in guns blazing if you can help it

• take time to scout out the area. Figure out where the spawnery is and where any chirons are along your chosen route

• have a team that is capable of neutering a Chiron in one turn, and that can handle sirens OR a team capable of stealthing to the objective (contrary to popular belief, I’m starting to think in terms like “can I deal with enemy type XYZ” instead of “must have rage sniper”)

• assuming you’re not stealthing, stick to one side or the other and head right for the objective. Don’t try to overwatch trap, you need to push forward to shut down the spawn point on your route. If the Chiron is an explosive type then try to make your opening salvo a crippling strike to it. Once the Chiron is under control and you’ve dealt with sirens you should be able to stall reinforcements with the bulk of your team while you send a couple units to execute the spawnery. Done and done.

1 Like

Crippled the pawn army, let them bleed to suffer because usually they will retreat heading back to spawn position to reincarnate new pawn or corner of the maps or they just being idle (hiding). While they do this, is good to scout the area and keep in tight formation while move.

My squad was 3 snipers (2 with jetpack), 2 assault and 1 heavy (canon). It’s single and multiclass but mixed level of sodier (4-6). The objective was to eliminate spawnery at high level threat. Enemy class I saw was 1 chiron artillery, 1-2 siren, lots of crab and triton. In this situation I killed a chiron and siren, other pawn just run after being crippled *I guess one or two are dead while they retreat :sweat_smile:.

1 Like