Thoughts on the new Rage Burst, Mark for Death, & 'Onslaught'

Which is why I am constantly calling for Second Wave Options.

I don’t want supermen, they’re boring. What is in the least bit interesting about clicking on a map 15 times and wiping out every enemy in the first turn?

What’s much more interesting is knowing that if you don’t make good use of cover, combined arms and well thought-through tactics, you’ll get your ass handed to you on a plate. So you have to think and plan, make good use of the terrain, set up outflanking manoeuvres and OW traps to lure the Big Nasties into and earn your victories.

That to me is what makes an interesting game - and it’s why I gave up on XCOM around the time of WOTC and turned to LW2 for a more interesting challenge.

Atmo, PP isn’t that game (despite the complaints of some players on these forums), but it could be.

However, if other players get their rocks off by mindlessly carving their way through acres of hapless Crabbies without paying any attention to squad-level tactics, by all means let them have their fun. Just give me a Second Wave Option to switch the stupid exploits off and get the more interesting game I thought I had signed up for.

2 Likes