The Deceptor machine gun is awful

Ah OK, thanks for clarify this. I didn’t use the Harrower for a long time. Was that a change in a recent patch? From what I remember the shred of the Harrower is for sure ossom, but more for support others than the one that shots … I thought :wink:

For my play stile I don’t see much usage for this. I almost play very aggressive and mobile, the Heavy can do this with his jump jet or I completely changed him with fast sprinting medium armor. Standing and holding an important point on the map? I don’t see where I would use that.

But I’m also not against more possibilities. So yeah, I will take it, maybe it will change my tactics :wink:

Hard to say - it definitely works like this now, but before Necro the over-shredding bug made calculating shred damage really difficult.

I know what you mean. I have played using different styles and when you are playing aggressive you want mobility. And let’s face it, at least for the moment if you are familiar enough with the game, aggressive style gives the best results because there is not enough reaction from the enemies. Like with Bloodlust, for example, it’s supposed to be a high risk high reward proposition, but really there is no risk because it’s not dangerous to get close to an enemy provided you can neutralise it in your turn.

However, that is slowly changing. For example, with the Umbra Arthons/Tritons in LOTA. For me that was the best innovation of the DLC, because this kind of enemy makes you think before you kill.

OK, now I’m excited, at the moment I didn’t see any of the announced ‘new’ pnadorans, only highly evolved ‘normal’ types.
But no spoiler please, i want to experience it myself :wink:

Ehh… If you didn’t get them yet but you already have ancient weapons it’s probably a bug :grimacing:

What date are you at in game time and what difficulty are you playing?

As always on Veteran. I don’t like the time pressure at the higher levels and also I want to get an easier introduction and understanding of all what is new now.

Date is mid February and I already have all 3 new resources and the specific building facility sites, 5 of 6 ancient weapons researched, the last one is on the other side of the earth ;-). Scyllas and Citadels are announced but I haven’t see a Lair at this stage.

This is my second attempt, I cancelled my first one after I was able to build all the new weapons but still flew around with only my start team and the Pandorans overwhelmed me with to much problems all around the world (Synedrion was down to 7 heavens). This was some days in March. Clear mistake on my part with way too much focus on everything new :wink:

Edit: On this first run I only saw ‘new’ Chirons and Scyllas, but no Arthrons, Tritons or Sirens.

BTW, the evolution of the pandas feels a bit too fast. Before it was clearly to slow, maybe it should be something more in the mid of them. But this is only my first impression, maybe I’m wrong here.

This should definitely be an option.
Many players would like to have a challenge AND more time.

4 Likes

Yeah the game is going more sandboxy and RPG elements in it with tons of missions to do, that time limit is just making stress.

Stable Stance is very good solution but the heavy weapons should have additional effective range too because you became a bit defence tower style game play. It would be absurd to just go short range of enemy and then go stable stance and fire.

When stable additional accuracy and range?

When I think more about this stability stance for heavy leg armor, what if I use these heavy leg armor on a sniper with sniper helmet and body armor? Sound for me the best solution for this ability, because my snipers are already almost the ones that I move at least … hmm … :thinking:

Side effects, I know :wink:

1 Like

And…in ‘real’ life snipers do not stand up firing!, they lie down and use a bipod/tripod for you guessed it…stability!:wink:

I am against to have at a armor. Heavy class should have it and it should only work with heavy weapons.

It’s a good point, but I would say, ok, do it. Casting it means you can’t shoot twice on the same turn, so you would perhaps move and then cast it, or shoot once. And then you are sitting duck for enemy snipers and assaults with little or no armor to protect you, lower mobility and a stealth penalty.

The problem with that is you would then use it to make Hel 2 Cannon into the best SR, multiclassing Heavy and Sniper.

Yep, that’s the deal, but honestly, WHEN I have one of my soldiers sitting somewhere and not moving for several turns THEN these are my snipers.
Best example: The pirate king mission, my Sniper sits almost the whole mission in the back behind that shelf and snipes the long gangway, very effective and even more if I could use this ability. No one has ever shot him there …

As @VOLAND wrote above and not only for the Hel II or have to cross class to sniper. It would still be a very great temptation to simply keep switching to sniper armor for even more accuracy.

I don’t think it will be so pinpointing weapon. It will have it’s own effective range and still much worse then sniper acc…

At a multiclassing you can already create terminators… this is the fact of the game. So please don’t make it limit us who wants to use heavy weapons… this is not the solution… “It will be OP so no…” there are already OP things. I want to enjoy my heavy weapons. It’s totally wrong to have something very bad or OP… no grey area…

This is totally different thing… Just scrap all multiclassing and make proper classes with more choices… I do not care that part. If this will make another terminator, so be it… when there is already some, I realy don’t understand why there can’t be one more… I don’t plan to use it so, I want to enjoy that class and it’s weapons…

1 Like

Because the devs want and will get rid of them eventually. They are an unintended byproduct of the sandbox system.

There is one thing that I didn’t consider before and which is both a problem and a solution…

When Stability Stance is active you shouldn’t be able to move out of cover to shoot, or to kneel behind low cover.

It makes it more difficult to implement, but also makes combining the HA legs with light armor more risky.

1 Like

OK, that would be something to not use it for snipers but also makes it even more difficult to find a good place in this game. Completely open even if you wear a full NY heavy armor set? I would not do that for more than one turn and so this ability tends to be almost pretty useless. I think … :wink:

I have maybe a complete other solution to get a better usage for heavies.

In one turn Assaults can use dash in, shot and dash out what makes them very flexible to deal damage with the help of their 1st level skill without to place them in to much danger and also with a high damage weapon that is even more inaccurate than the heavy weapons.

A Sniper can often deal damage every turn without moving very much, he just snipes and with his 2nd level skill he can do this twice in one turn.

Now the heavy can only jump in and bash OR use War Cry in one turn, the latter is for sure pretty powerful but also deals no damage. Then he must wait for the next turn to deal damage with his main gun (or bashes up to 4 times).
What if we get rid of the Brawler perk and change it to a skill so he can use the jump jet AND shot his main weapon in one turn (Jump&Shot, cost 4 AP / ??WP and you can’t do anything other than this, except he gets an Onslaught from an Assault).
OP? I think not more than Dash -> Shot -> Dash from Shotgun Assaults or shot twice with Snipers, but even then it could be balanced with accuracy penalty for this ‘move’ or something like that. On the other side you have to plan this accurate and I think there are not that much possibilities to make it useful in every turn.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that for this ‘move’ with a heavy weapon the heavy armor seems also to be the best solution, because you cannot go in cover.

Sure, there will be combinations that are maybe OP, my first thought was to combine it with sniper, jump to a rooftop and shot in one turn. But honestly, would that be so OP?

1 Like