Strange request - keep the crabman yell

I see a lot of East/Central Europeans have noticed that crab yells “bogdai” or similar, when placing shield/advancing.

In Slavic languages it sounds like “Lord give me” or “Given by God” and sounds quite horror and interesting :slight_smile: Keep up with such crazy stuff :slight_smile:

The Crabmen actually have their own language. When they deploy shield, they’re actually saying “Vuu g’dai”

5 Likes

Nice touch, with “new Klingon” or “Middle Earth language” style :slight_smile: I guess everybody hears what ones want to hear!

Hope other spiecies will “speak” / yell too!

I second this, the crabmen sound effects are very good and add that kind of ‘unknown’ element to the experience (‘what the hell did that one just say?’). I hope at some point we can start deciphering their language to actually get an insight into their communication in and out of battle. Interesting idea that organisms born from a virus have such advanced communication skills as well, rather than just the kind of noises you would expect non-sentient animals to make. I have a feeling I’m gonna really enjoy delving into the lore behind this game!

1 Like

hope at some point we can start deciphering their language to actually get an insight into their communication in and out of battle.

I wouldnt like a subtitles. Something like their language in manual and observation of how yells and actions are connected is something we have to learn “how to communicate them against”

Haven’t thought of it that way before but now I cannot unhear it lol.

1 Like