Report of my veteran (own experience and also difficulty) playing style

23.03.2047 and I did it again, but this time with the moonshot mission, the final Synedrion mission to get to their end.

I didn’t took much pictures because I thought that this will end in a disaster … but it didn’t.

But first things first, Synedrion got their launch site ready:

Starting the mission:

Here I had all soldiers selected, but before the start I decided spontaneously to try it with the same single soldier as in the ancient site mission before.

I took one screenshot at the very first turn:

It was a long fight and after killing the first Chiron outside the building and playing cat and mouse with the Pandorans a few turns without attacking them, they were all suddenly alerted without my squaddie being revealed. Two different Tritons fired at him from distance and it seems to me that at least the Triton AI is shooting at detection blips because they hardly hit with their Daimos, although he was standing in the open without cover and was still only slightly wounded afterwards. The Arthrons only came closer but did not shoot or use their grenades. But the one left over bombard Chiron launched its grenades and at that moment I thought that was it. But my little guy was lucky, all of the grenades missed him.
In the next turn he was able to eliminate everyone who tried to attack him, including the Chiron. Another round later the last two Arthrons were also killed, they came a little late to the party.

I really didn’t expected that this would end successfully, but:

And now only one step left to go to the great final:

But not today, this has to wait until the next session.

1 Like