Rage burst for sniper / heavy still OP

Couldn’t agree more with everything that’s being said on this thread.

Yes, absolutely. IMO, Scyllas need a total rethought. For starters, it shouldn’t be possible to kill a Scylla by shooting repeatedly at that one leg. Not sure about the rest of the Pandas, but taking down a Scylla should require destroying a vital, well protected organ (maybe some organ that only gets revealed after the Scylla suffers sufficient damage?)

Ah, yes, please, for the love of Chtulu, don’t just slap more HPs and armor on her to take care of the problem.

Good point. However, rather than thinking about specific OP combos I suggest taking a more holistic approach - look at all the effects that can be achieved with the different buffs.

How much damage per bullet can be increased in PP? The sneak x2, blood lust, reckless, weapon profiency, mark for death… Am I missing any? That can be 100+50+30+25+50… 255%? So, if I’m not mistaken, each projectile can do up to 355% damage with the right buffs. This is absurd, it doesn’t make any sense on any level. I’m not even talking reality checks here, just basic game mechanics.

But it gets worse when you consider the accuracy buffs. You can get up to +55% to accuracy just from armor/mutations. Then you have the cautious perk for another +20%, and the marksman perk for another +30% (total +105%). Yay, why use SR when you can use the Hell cannon instead?

But wait, it get even worse, because then you have the insane mobility (see this thread here About reducing mobility), that allows you to run up next to an enemy on the other side of the map, shotgun them in the mug, and run back, all in the same first turn.

Done yet? Nop. How about casting electric reinforcement a couple times each turn, then recouping the WP cost on the same turn by using “recover”?

If there is one overriding problem in PPs balancing it’s effects stacking. And then trying to solve it with slapping more armor and HPs on the enemies, or with stuff like the new acid (devs, what were you thinking? How was this tested?:man_facepalming:)

Sorry for going off topic!

2 Likes