Rage burst for sniper / heavy still OP

Therefore, some people suggest using the laws of the real world - as the truth, to balance the game (turn - 10 sec, physics, logics - to believe what is happening).
Until the skeleton of the game is compared with reality, the debate will be endless - and this is the fault of the developers.

Now this dispute is like a beta test of Marvel Superheroes…

First done correctly, and then simplify/soften to scale :neutral_face:

edit:
For a correct comparison, we need to play a mod from developers with rebalancing to reality. Or an opportunity/guide to make this mod yourself.

Number 1, Rage Burst does not empty the magazine. To do so, one must use Rage Burst at least twice with a full magazine.

Number 2, Rage Burst requires 3 APs. This leaves the sniper with 1 AP. Okay, so let’s say we have 2 squadies with Rally the Troops (not sure if this can be stacked, but if…) then the same sniper can Rage Burst again.

Number 3, just did a trial run with 2 snipers Rage Bursting on the Scylla in 1 turn. Guess what, both of them did not take out the Scylla in 1 turn.

Thus, I find fault in the OP’s justification for nerfing RB once again.

1 Like

And you see it as refuted?

A picky accountant would probably agree with you, and a lawyer might also be right, since you argue with facts and try to exploit every loophole in this debate. You see it that way and that’s fine.

I’m trying to see the big picture.
I am concerned with the basic problem, not with small details …
It depends on which weapons and additional skills your soldiers bring with them. The big bug is then + - done. Whether the bug is finished in the next round by bleeding to death or by a lucky hit by another soldier is completely irrelevant.

Did you miss? :wink:

No, ever shot hit the target. But with RB, one never knows if the next hit is going to beon a heavily armored part or one that has the armor stripped. RB is a crap shoot when it comes to this. Which is why I prefer to weaken the armor with a Heavy (missle + 2 grenade launches), then use the snipers that can strip armor on diabled parts, follow up with other units tthat can take advantage of non-armored body parts. Job done in 1 turn, again without the need of the “OP” Snipler/Heavy RB.

Idea from different topic:

Just stumbled across a playtrough.
Many of you will know ChristopherOdd.

In summary, after the finish on legendary he talks about the quality of the game and of course names the balance problems.
Who would have thought: as a prime example of OP, he calls rage burst (as it is currently).

However, my own experience and the contributions here have shown that the “OP” holes are buried much deeper (ON BOTH SIDES), but this is discussed in another thread.

Sure, it is simply the most obvious one, but it is by no means the only thing that is OP on both sides.
In my opinion, RB should be for shure nerfed in some form, but certainly not without touching the rest of the whole balancing issue.
With threads like this one, I’m a little afraid that the developers will only take out one thing and that the game then will continue to move towards total unbalanced.
I think most of those who want an RB nerf here see it the same or at least similarly, because it is often referred to the overall balance.
But, after what is currently planned (see Developer Proposed Game Mechanic Updates - #14 by LouisdeFuines no balancing overhaul), I’m more in favor of not touching RB for now.

As you see here:

1 Like

Yes, too bad

As mentioned in the forum post, this isn’t an extensive list of what we’re considering/working on. This is also only a list of proposed major changes to game systems. It doesn’t cover balance changes or bug fixes which we’re also working on.

4 Likes

Good to hear that and thanks for the clarification :+1:

It would be even better if there were more details on what the snapshot team thinks and plans about overall balance. :innocent:

bahahaha! @ ‘did you miss?’

No, sorry mate, I can handle one of my guys going postal at one target but taking a shot at every target in LOS? Nah. I could go for an killzone style cone of fire but def only with the MG. But you kind of have this already with the MG if you aim it into a crowd.

I’d reduce it to three shots and rename it “Three Round Burst” and then reduce the accuracy a bit more.

Yes, you could just load up on snipers in your squad but you’d be seriously lacking in tactical options.

I suppose you wanted to comment in thread about Disciples being weak?

You got your wish, you self-endulging ahole. One of the most unique abilities in the game has been turned into yet another XCOM wanna-be. It’s freaking cone now, a worthless ability unless you’re fighting with the great wall of china. Cograts!

Thank you. It is still better than I expected it to be, but I won’t complain about this small nerf.

Btw. You can count on me on next nerf propositions.

5 Likes

Isn’t it less of an FiraXCOM wanna-be now, though? Old RB=Chain Shot - a skill with an insignificant aim malus that trivilized any enemy you can encounter.