Phoenix Point: Year One Edition coming December 3rd

So here are some of my thoughts:

1. From what we can see right now PP releases as this new package - Base game plus all content released up to this point. At least as of now, there is no sight of other 2 DLCs or more importantly the Season Pass (containing 5 DLCs - three names and two mistery ones)
  2. I argued on another thread how shallow DLC3 will need to be as it is optional and can’t interact directly with other DLCs - it doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. While it is still possible for someone who bought the game on Epic to not own DLCs, it seems that everyone from now on (and all backers) have Base game and all first 3 DLCs. That creates posibility for Festering Skies to be a bit more intertwined then expected. [correction: Festering Skies doesn’t seem to be included in Year1]
  3. Speaking of backers - do we still get Season Pass (5 DLCs) and do we keep it for Steam/GOG release? Giving to backers a Steam/GOG key to Year1 edition would fulfill the original promise (a year free worth of DLC) but would be inferior to what was given to us on Epic. Not something I would be butthurt about - Year1 is exactly what was promised. Just curious. It would also mean additional revenue for Snapshot from original backers when DLC4, 5 come out.

EDIT2. Actually DLCs3, 4, 5. Festering Skies isn’t listed among the three DLCs as part of Year1. Hmmm

EDIT: Regarding point 3, I remember seeing this post not so long ago:

Yo @MichaelIgnotus You knew something us peons didn’t?

1 Like