Today we have released a hotfix patch to rectify two issues introduced in the previous patch, “Miskatonic”.
- Fixed a bug where players without Storage Facility in one of their bases lost all items in their inventory
- Players will have to load a game save that was saved prior to items disappearing to retain their inventory
- Fixed a bug that caused Geoscape scans never to complete
Previous Patch Notes
Patch Notes 1.0.55225 “Miskatonic” 31/1/2020
- Fixed a hang when using the Technician’s Manual Control ability on a structural target
- Fixed a hang when a Technician’s turret returns fire and kills an enemy
- Fixed a hang when entering the Scarab in the first Tutorial mission
- Fixed an issue where the player’s units could be deployed inside of walls on some story missions
- Fixed an issue where the Spider Drone Pack ability claimed the player didn’t have enough ammo
- Fixed an issue where loading a game with the bonus power research caused the player’s facilities to power down
- Fixed an issue where Dash, Jet Jump, Deploy Turret, and Vanish couldn’t be used on specific maps
- Improved the Scylla’s AI so it no longer spawns Mindfraggers inside environmental objects
- Fixed an issue where the player’s units couldn’t navigate certain parts of the Moonshot mission
- Fixed an issue where Synedrion Research maps didn’t spawn enough consoles for the player to hack
- Fixed an issue where vehicles and Mutogs couldn’t navigate Phoenix Base maps
- Fixed an issue where units could walk inside certain walls of the Phoenix Base maps
- Improved the collision box of certain environmental elements inside Alien Bases which blocked shots
- Fixed an issue where certain cover spots in Synedrion maps weren’t shown by the UI
- Fixed an issue where units couldn’t vault over some windows in New Jericho maps
- Improved the transparency effect on certain buildings inside Synedrion maps
- Added enemy reinforcement icons to Ambush maps
- Fixed an issue where the player’s units couldn’t jump through circular windows on the roofs of Disciples of Anu maps and destroying the window broke the whole building
- Fixed several issues where environmental props remained floating in the air when the floor beneath them had been destroyed.
Patch Notes 1.0.54973 “Dunwich” - 16/1/2020
- Rage Burst - Reduced to 5 bursts maximum with 50% accuracy penalty - We want to reduce the effectiveness of the ability while retaining its usefulness against big targets
- Mind Control - Cost increased by 1 AP - Mind Control without any AP cost requirement was making the ability too versatile and, in some cases, too powerful when used by Pandorans.
- Mind Crush - Cost increased by 1 AP - The ability was too strong against groups of enemies, allowing for chain use (as long as enemies die in the process). We are keeping its power effect, but limiting the number of its uses per turn.
- Master Marksman - Accuracy bonus is reduced from 50% to 30%. The ability is too versatile (useful with highly inaccurate weapons) so it needed a bit of tweaking downwards.
- Quick Aim - No longer gives bonus accuracy. The ability is mainly used for its cost reduction component and the added accuracy bonus made it too good.
- Dash - Now costs 1 AP but the range of the ability is increased from 50% to 75% of movement range. Dash is one of the most abused abilities in the game because of its versatility. We do not want to reduce the fun factor of the ability or reduce its power but we want to limit the situations in which it is used. Before the change with 4 dashes a character’s movement range was 100% + 4 x 50% = 300%; after the change 0% + 4 x 75% = 300%. Mobility wise the ability is the same but provides less versatility when it comes to shooting and can effectively be used about 2 times per turn.
- Induce Panic - Cost increased from 2 WP to 3 WP and 1 AP. The ability cost was way too low for its effect and the fact that it had no AP requirement made it spammable.
- Bloodlust - Bonus speed and damage is capped at 50% bonus. The previous bonus of 100% was too strong and was leading to undesired exploits.
- Grenade Launcher - Accuracy increased. This change will reduce the frustration of players not hitting anything they want to.
- PRCR Sniper - Damage reduced from 130 to 120. Statistics show that piercing weapons are overused because their power level was not on par with other weapons of the same tech level.
- PRCR Assault Rifle - Damage increased from 30 to 40, burst reduced from 5 to 4, pierce value reduced from 20 to 10 and ammo capacity reduced from 40 to 32. Statistics show that piercing weapons are overused compared to other equivalent tech.
- Mortar Chiron - Reduced explosive power from 60 to 50. Damage was reduced because on some maps players weren’t able to find cover fast enough.
- Spawnery - Hit points are nearly doubled. It was too easily destroyed on Lair missions
- Mutog Recruitment - Cost of recruitment has been increased significantly. The previous cost was unintentionally low.
- Human Enemies - Generally have more stat points, because they were too easily mind controlled or killed with one shot.
- Medical Bay - Heals not only soldiers but Mutogs too for 4 hit points per hour. Before mutation lab construction there was no chance for the player to heal Mutogs.
- Environmental Destruction - Floors and roofs can be partially destroyed by grenades now.
- Fixed a hang when a Mindfragger tries to mind control a decoy.
- Fixed a hang when using the flamethrower near the edge of Alien Lair maps.
- Fixed a hang when a Scylla used the Sonic Blast ability right after using the Mist Launcher.
- Fixed a hang when breaking an Arthron’s gun arm while the enemy was stepping out of cover.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s units could be deployed between impassable cover on some Disciples of Anu maps.
- Fixed an issue where units would fall through stairs and die.
- Fixed an issue where the player’s soldiers could deploy in the walls of a Phoenix Base mission.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles couldn’t reach the evacuation zone on some maps.
- Fixed an issue where the environment was blocking the passage to the Spawnery in Alien Lairs.
- Fixed an issue where vehicles had no collision with some unbreakable pillars.
- Fixed an issue where enemy vehicles could be deployed on the roofs of buildings.
- Fixed an issue where enemy Pandorans could not move from their initial deployment in Alien Lairs.
Hotfix Patch Notes 1.0.54861 - 9/1/2020
- Fixed a game crash in battles during the enemy turn when the enemy is panicked and could be caused by return fire, overwatch, and/or exploding barrels.
- Fixed a game crash when leaving a tactical mission, which was caused by trying to retrieve weapons that are actually body parts of Mutogs, turrets, etc. These will no longer be recoverable.
- Also, prevents recovering mutated body parts as equipable items.
- Fixed a bug that corrupted saved games that are saved during a battle after a Scylla is killed with the belcher abdomen.
- Note: this will not retroactively fix already corrupted saved games
- Fixed a hang when loading a saved game where someone was hit by a weapon that causes bleed (e.g., Slasher Siren, Anu Blade) which caused the unit to die from the bleed damage next turn.
- Fixed a bug that doesn’t allow the game to start if you have corrupted save games.
- Fixed a bug that caused the final boss to not play its sounds.
Hotfix Patch Notes 1.0.54580 - 19/12/2019
- Fixed a crash that occurs when launching the game with certain locales.
- Fixed an issue with invalid targeting when behind cover.
- Fixed various sound issues.