Paralyze a Target holding a weapon - No Loot?

Can someone explain why, when I paralyze a Pandoran or any character for that matter I don’t get the weapon they are clearly holding?

Does it void the warranty on weaponry to be frozen in time?

1 Like

In order to get weapons, they need to be dropped. One has to kill them so they can drop weapons.

1 Like

It is because when your operatives are so happy, they have that paralyzed enemy, that they forget to take the weapon onboard… I guess.

2 Likes

I do not understand your comment.

Regards,
OT

This makes sense. They just got a paralyzed pandoran and should bake a cake instead of taking supplies and weapons. Better response than Mcarver anyways :slight_smile: .

Regards,
OT

Just shut up and pretend to be satisfied. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jokes aside, as for paralyzed enemy at the end of mission, even while considered by the game as captured one, for some reasons, your operatives are so happy they have managed to capture the live specimen, they just throw enemy’s gear into the bottomless pit. To please the void gods, or because they feel so fucking awesome. Who knows, who cares? Yeah, I know this is stupid as fuck, but you’ll have to live with it… because it is like this by design. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

An even BETTER question is WHY when you have paralyzed the target WAY above what is needed to do it, it will still keep moving across the map and set off all your other over watch positions and then the UN-paralized just walks right up to you and shoots you in the face! When our men get paralyzed they stop dead in their tracks and no longer move… WHY does this not apply to them? And for example you set up an ambush for a particular target and then you get a mind fragger with 10000 paralysis points run across your ambush and mess it all up! This can be a game changer… That is a better question!

1 Like

That is just an excuse for poor programming balancing! Seriously…

Surely it is! I made that up for joke purpose. Seriously

Or maybe because they are aliens, and may not react to our super-duper paralysing tools.

Also the first answer here by mcarver2000was correct - to make something happen like it would in “real life” - you have to actually write code to do it. Not that we have that many alien invasions in real life though :wink:

The computer unfortunately isn’t smart enough to write its own code to fix seemingly dumb events in a computer program like a game, after a programmer has slaved away on making the million things happen by writing many 1000s of lines of code and he/she and the team has missed something… one day they will be able to do that but for the moment, mostly, it’s humans writing code.

1 Like

Soo… can we blame developers for stupid things or not? Because I am confused. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Too many variables to say :wink:

All I am trying to say is just because something should happen in real life, doesn’t mean a game has had that bit actually programmed in - or even should have it programmed in. Even in a full blown “simulation” there’s tons of stuff that won’t be in there that is in RL.

1 Like

Still, in this particular case, at least rolling for items held by mind controlled enemies should have been coded in. The only reason not to is ‘game designers didn’t think deeply enough about it’.

1 Like

Should be the games tagline.

2 Likes

Well actually other reasons can cause something not to be programmed in. It can include things like; they had 100s of other more important items to fix/add etc or too much to test already etc, but yes it should be in to match a more expected ‘realism’

Technically this was intended to stop MC units from having their inventory stolen. This also applies to PP controlled haven defenders.