No keyboard binding custumization?

Azerty keyboard and left handed… Really? 2019 and you don’t even allow Key Bidings?? I’ve just bought your game, and let me tell you that it will be a refund if you don’t correct this ASAP… can’t believe this…

1 Like

I bet you a floppy disk this is down to the unity engine, but it is something that can be fixed. It’s just not as simple to do with the restrictions of the Unity-fart engine.

We just have to give the team some time, they are probably focusing on bugs first.

Auto hotkey is also a fantastic and free key rebind/macro tool. It’s great for games and work.

https://www.autohotkey.com/

2 Likes

In backer build it was possible to change default key binding, i don’t understand why it’s not in release!

It’s an absolute travesty that we decided to ship it without the keybinds option. The QA team discussed this several times and we were assured we would add it…until it wasn’t a priority anymore. I would personally love to have a lot more accessibility options put in over time.

Key rebinding has been bumped up to the top of the priority tree now and we’ll most likely have it added for the patch. Like Alphajet mentioned, it used to be a thing in an old backer build. We had some problems with it but nothing too major, it was just put on hold and people were dealing with other issues.

Apologies to anyone that’s being affected by this. From now on when I say something should go in the game, it better go in or I won’t approve the builds.

19 Likes

Thank you for the reply. It is very annoying to play with an azerty keyboard. Hope the patch will come soon

And it’s a whooping great big thank-you from me too. The lefty’s thank you. We are many.

1 Like

Holy crap! A dev acknowledging an embarrassing oversight and actually addressing it with some sense of humility/apology.

/singleslowclapgraduallygettingfasterandpickedupbythecrowd

I am suitably impressed.

:+1:

Well, 1 in 10. And you’re a sinister bunch, no mistake :wink:

1 Like

We heard that. We have good feet.

thank you sir :+1:

there are keyboard bindings , in options > interface > keyboard bindings

Yea, I was jsut about to mention the AZERT keyboard - luckily for me, I have a regular WASD.
But I have a foreign friend who uses AZERT, and usually starts game with BS keybindings.

But in agame like this… HE COULDN’T EVEN CHANGE IT!!!

Not having rebindable key at release for a game that is gushing over “ORIGINAL XCOM DEVS!!!” to NOT have THE. MOST. STANDARD. PC, functionality since forever…
Baffles my mind on how rushed they must have been to put this out before christmas rather than waiting…

Registered just to post this, because ‘vote with your wallet’.

I’m glad to see gamingmechanoid’s reply, but I’m old ‘n salty enough to simply state that I see a solid baker’s dozen of broken promises every day in my working life. I played up to turn ONE of the tutorial, exited to the menu to swap Q and E, and promptly saw I couldn’t rebind. I then closed the game with a mind to refund this should the oversight not be corrected. Sorry guys, but life and ’ I believe it when I see it’.

Reading that it was in the game, then dropped before shipping, does not help my opinion of how things went down – or that this pledge isn’t just to hush up KB + mouse users. If not for that I’d give the controller a try to see if that scheme is any good, but not any more.

I’ll be more than happy to be proven wrong though if you add the ability back in. Also assuming the mouse look option isn’t borked. I honestly didn’t get to play long enough to see if that is needed or how it might mesh with the game.
-RV

So will keyboard customization be a feature in the upcoming patch?

Yes, they have said that key mapping has gone to the top of the list.

The fact that key-bindings wasn’t on the top of the list before is just a testement of how rushed out this was to begin with! XD

1 Like

So we had this big patch just now and still now keyboard customization? Is it still a “priority”?

1 Like

Just registered to add to the “What the hell were you thinking?” chorus.

Currently making a very rude left-handed gesture to the devs.

I play every single strategy/tactical game with inverted Scrolling for zoom and Q/E for camera rotation…

PLEASE!!
I need customizable keybindings!