Need a bit of help

I have no doubt it here somewhere, I cant fin it though.

How do I increase materials/food/tech? Cant seem to build anything but Radar at base?

Find ammunition levels crazy, run out every fight? Is that right?

Well actually there is no written guide here on the forum (except links for pdf). But you have it in game menu. :slight_smile:

3 ways of increasing tech/materials/food:

• Defend havens which are under attack. They will reward you with some of those resources (most common source of resources)
  • Find scavenge mission where you need to defend resource crates. What will be left and not destroyed by aliens you will gather in form or resources.
  • During haven defence missions rob crates, then you can salvage items you don’t need.

Small tip to the first point. After you sucessfuly defended haven there is alien base revealed. Don’t destroy that base unless it produces crabmen with machine guns+grenades or just with grenades but armored (more than 12 HP) or until it becomes lair or citadel. If you will leave it then it will constantly generate missions and thus constant source of resources and XP for your soldiers.

From buildings you can only build radars and you do it in Geoscape interface. But when you enter squad roster and you will open soldier inventory there you have icons to produce more items. You just need to click some item and there you go. There will be simple production menu for that item and it’s ammunition (it it has one).

EDIT: Oh and for lack of ammunition. Don’t spam enemy with your gunfire. Use free aim to manually set where you want to shoot (use mouse wheel or z/c keys combination - you will also see your hit chance then). When there is less than 50% chance to hit (enemy is only in the inner ring) don’t shoot. There are also skills which let you save ammo:

• Bash - every soldier has it, when you are close to enemy approach him and use that melee attack. It is quite strong and can be used many times per turn (just watch to not destroy your weapon in the process)
  • Body slam - Heavy class have charge option with his maximum range equal to his current moment range. It is really powerful if you fill his inventory with some heavy gear.
  • deploy, retrieve and redeploy again turret - it will have infinite ammo in this way and it is really powerful toy
  • well there are also vehicles which have ammo replenished after missions, but they are not so effective as 4 experienced soldiers

Earning material from missions is obviously but, is there a way (or will there be a way), like some building that automatically increases materials or tech over time, like the way food works. The base shows the current amount of material and tech, but after each includes “(+0)” implying something in the base can or will allow increases over time. Food does this with a base building making food (at least in my game) the most valuable trading commodity to get either materials (which I’m always out of) or tech (which seems plentiful enough). Thanks.

Who knows what plans developers have. They definitely don’t share such information about future balance things or new buildings.

1 Like

You can built food production at you bases. But materials and techs you can’t produce at your base.
When I see +0 near there numbers I search for new building to produce it too. Looks like trolling from devs )))

1 Like