Is it available now to play?

is the early access on going? can I play it now?

1 Like

The early access (the “Backer Build”) is available now with the Luxury Digital Edition ($50) and up. https://buy.phoenixpoint.info

1 Like

Bear in mind that the backer’s build is more of a teaser and not exactly what I’d call an early access. Snapshot has also announced that they will keep the features/content revealed in the backer’s build limited in order to avoid revealing too much about the game before release.

Next week’s build may have more but the original backer’s build was basically the 20 minutes demo shown at some previous convention.

2 Likes

Not entirely correct. The demo shown at the conventions was only the Fort Freiheit map and did not include the procedural maps. This is also access to the game before completion and during the development process. By very definition, it is early access.

I didn’t want to get into details. As far as I’m aware the convention demo didn’t include the inventory screen either.

The difference I make with most early access releases is Snapshot’s choice to “only offer a sneak peak into the current status of the development” instead of a growing product where most stable features are included.

I may be wrong but i seem to remember quite a few posts from yourself or JG stating that you guys wanted to keep a sizeable quantity of content hidden until release so that even older backers can get their share of nasty surprises.

If you take games such as Klei’s “Oxygen not included”, Re Hook’s “Darkest Dungeon” or others, early access was (almost) the full experience, growing with each build.

Bear in mind that I’m not criticizing Snapshot for their approach, the above-mentioned models have their flaws, not the least because most mystery is long dispelled by the time the game launches.

I think you have misunderstood. While it is true that we don’t want to give too much away in terms of the main story, we don’t intend to hold back features. Our Backer Build/early access does and will include all of the stable game features, which we will continue to add to the build as they’re developed.

It may not seem like a lot right now, but remember that most early access games are in or close to a beta state. We still identify as pre-alpha. People are able to get onboard very early on in the process. There’s no difference in what the Backer Build is to what most early access games are, except we’ve given access much earlier in the process.

Fair enough. That clarifies about the story part and features. What’s your take about alien variety? I honestly hope you guys will keep a fair share of aliens/mutations out of the backer builds though, especially the scarier ones. I’m still salty about Firaxis revealing all the aliens (except the avatars) before release. Kinda killed the fun.

Certainly, we don’t want to spoil everything. We want people who buy the game on release day, along with people who have already pre-ordered, to still have new things to experience and surprise them. We will be doing our best not to spoil the story, the campaign, the end-game and all of the enemies/tech.

There’s no hard rule that states Early Access has to be a full version of the game with all of the final content and features. But we do want to include enough content for people to see the development process and get a feel for how the game plays.

I bought this but haven’t received any emails upon how to download it…Hopefully its just a time thing and I have to wait a little bit to get an email upon how to access it

1 Like

Which version did you buy, and when did you buy it?

the luxury one ($50) and about 10mins ago

1 Like

ok just found/got the download link active… so downloading it atm

2 Likes

Where is the early access link? I have the digital luxury ($50) version, and I can’t seem to find it…

-Skater718

Where did you find the link Slayerbeo?

:slight_smile:

-Skater718

You can download the Backer Build from the status page which you can return to via clicking on the Xsolla Transaction ID number in your email.

1 Like

Thanks! Don’t know why I didn’t think to check that before…

-Skater718

1 Like