Inventory suggestion, bug and question

I know that most players like it as is now, but i’m and old school guy and i have all my file explorer set as list, apart the my pictures.

That’s how i’d like to have it: some columns, all sortable.

Name Type Faction Ammo Tech Damage AP Range

Ares Ass Rifle PH 3 mag+7r Bullets 30 x 6 2 27
Pytaghoras Sn Rifle SY 1 mag 2 r Laser 110 x 1 3 91
Neurazer Melee PH Paralyze 10 + 8p 1 0

A good thing could also be to use green if i can build the weapon and the bullets and red if i happened to find one but cannot make ammo.
Same concept for armour showing weight and bonuses

It’s OK to have icons for weapons in use and backpack content, just add a couple coluns to the backpack; if i can store inside 6 sniper rifles i think i can also put inside 1 rifle 2 grenades a medipack and ten assorted magazines.
That doesnt mean to remove the weight limit

There is an annoying inventory bug: i tried to send a ticket in game but always got upload error.

Sometimes you cannot unload from inventory; i built before a mission some grenade magazines for the launcher using the +ammo and when i tried to empty the backpack i wasnt able to.
Had to start the mission and unload on ground not to be overencumbered and what is dropped is lost if you dont pick it up again during the mission

Question:

If a reload a partially full magazine, the half filled one goes in inventory or is lost? I just discovered the power of rage burst on an Assalt Heavy and if i need to quickly shoot dead a Syren i want to have a full mag before unloading, need 5 bursts to kill if the armor is up, so it makes sense to reload even if i have 3 round in the magazine

If you reload manually the ammo clip is lost. Happens to me sometimes if I hit “r” accidently.

yes, but it will be fixed in full release, that even partial magazines should go to backpack. Developer mentioned that we will be switching different types of ammo, and we won’t loose bullets from partial magazines.

good idea, I will add that also to my feedback :smiley: So you want it like that. :slight_smile:

Name Type Faction Ammo Tech Damage AP Range
Ares Ass Rifle PH 3 mag+7r Bullets 30 x 6 2 27
Pytaghoras Sn Rifle SY 1 mag+2 r Laser 110 x 1 3 91
Neurazer Melee PH - Paralyze 10 + 8p 1 0

Only problem I see is quite many different types of damage. Neurazer should then have Tech = Force+ Pierce+Paralyze

check if you have space in storage. I had this issue in the past

That’s how i tried to post it, but the formattin went down the sink.

Ok there are many variables in a weapon, but what you want to know when you arm a soldier is:

What in hell a Pytagoras is?
I’m going in a tough mission better take Gauss because i’ll find havily armored opponents, what Gauss do i have? is there enough ammo for them?

Need a pistol, what is there in the storage?

Picking the Neurazer i want to know it’s paralyze and melee while the Hera is Paralyze, for less amount, and ranged.
If the paralyze is shock or toxin i can see it mousing over, like we do now

FACEPALM

Time to build a new storage

1 Like

I just get stuff randomly disappearing from my inventory!