I'm done for now

Just a update to say that I gave in and started a new game. I held out for about 8 hours but PP started calling out to me from the depths of my hard drive. “Play me, play me” it kept on saying.

2 Likes

I was tempted to go on playing as well. I was able to overcome the impulse. I recommend playing Xenonauts or something to scratch that itch.

1 Like

I tried believe me. They just couldn’t hold my attention. I found myself constantly checking to see if PP was patched yet.
I’m know, I’m so weak, but-but-but, it keeps on calling to me, it’s inside my head, I can’t get rid of it. :slight_smile:

I am wishing for a patch today.

Patch to be released tomorrow:

Ok…that´s an explanation. Question now is, if the DLC, if activated, will be also present in current campaigns or do i have to start a new one! That would be awful…

They’re going to patch on a Saturday? Now that is commitment.

Weren’t alien supposed to progress by their own? Aka. Have objectives and work fo upgrades in a similar fashion player does?

I am definitely not a fan of an enemy waiting for you to progress. It’s a strategy layer and should include an ability to not do well in management layer.

The aliens progress based on their interactions with you. What Southlane was having problems with in his previous campaign was that he was taking his sweet time, so naturally the aliens were progressing faster than his troops were. The Sirens starting coming at him hard and fast, and he didn’t have the firepower to handle it, because he took too long exploring and not actually pushing for new tech.

Correct me if I’m wrong Southlane, but I think that’s about the gist.

Nope you are not wrong Morkilmus, in fact you are spot on. This playthrough I am concentrating on progress.

You have to give it to the dev’s in the way the game doesn’t force or push you forward. You learn for yourself that it unwise to linger flower picking while the aliens establish themselves. I think this is one of the reason I am so taken with PP. It’s X-com for grown-ups.

You can kill 3 of the sirens with no problem? Then by all means, what is your secret? My Manticore crew #1, are lvl 5 on my current play through and I can manage one, from long distant but more than one, then it is hard

I enjoyed Dawn of Man and Surviving Mar while waiting for PP to drop. Maybe you can enjoy them while waiting for the patches to drop.

I bought BattleTech in the GOG sales. It’s good but I kept on thinking of PP so it’s was hard to concentrate :slight_smile:
PP is a scratch I can’t seem to itch for more than a few minutes. And then its " I’ll just fire it up and make a few moves" 5 hours later…

Aww! I was hoping for today. How can they expect me to wait another 24 hours?

I have been having the same problem. I can’t get PP of the brain, so even though I’m frustrated I keep going back. Last night I pretty much rage quit during a Lair though. Let me just make this clear as day: Acid chirons should NOT BE IN LAIRS. Lol. First of all, they have sight all the way across the map from anywhere to everywhere, and does this cave not have a friggin ceiling???

I have to basically try and tuck my troops under a canopy of rock turn after turn until the Chiron runs out of will. So I was doing that, for an hour or more, fending off tritons and sirens and all kinds of shit, had my heavy all the way up to the soawnery, one more shot to kill the thing, and they throw another siren in right next to him. Mind control, followed by one more blast by the Chiron (he gained some will somehow) and he murdered two of my troops.

Like you, I was done. Lol

That’s Phoenix point baby. :smiley: I hate it. I love it.

It will be released either today oooooorrr Monday :sunglasses: Yeah, a whole weekend waiting fpr that sweet sweet patch

I Wouldn’t get too excited. I bet it will be mostly bug fixes. :joy:

Yep, it seems that Unstable Voltage was writing that late last night and meant today when he wrote tomorrow.

Hope the patch testing is going well and it will be out today after all. If not… well, Total War: Warhammer 2 just had a fresh DLC release, so I can wait for PP a while longer if I have to :slight_smile:

By this point that’s basically what I want :smile:

I’m running two berserkers that are shred demons, so I shred any sirens that come near me first. I’ve got two assault snipers that use 4 shots from an assault rifle with hyper accuracy at mid range, so they follow the shred and disable any heads with 4 shots each. And then my Fighter Priest can usually mind control at least two of them, which totally puts them out of the fight. And that’s when my big boy with the Neurazer dashes in and cleans everything up with stuns. xD

Trust me, this is the least cheesy strat I’ve seen for dealing with these things in this game. You can always just do 3000 damage to them with Rage Burst if you feel like it lol.