I resign till next stability patch

At end of april, beginning of may, three times in a row in three different campaigns, game stops working.

I exit tactical mission and i get the empty geoscape and all geoscape saves give it too; tactical saves load but after finishing mission i get the empty geoscape and i have to kill the game with task manager

Seen in another post that it could be Factory automation tech but i dont have researched it; NJ has researched advaced piercing after i got his tree, and i got the notice it was available, but i was doing autopsies

Iā€™m unable to send tickets. F12 always ends in upload error; if there is a way to send them to a developer let me know.

Maybe itā€™s my old box inadequate: an I5 2500k with 8Gb ddr3, but i never see 100% CPU or memory going over the limit, always have at least 1 Gb available.

Iā€™ll keep following the forum waiting for the patch but ATM iā€™m done playing

3 Likes

Too bad for BB tax. Seeing this I am glad I only paid for grand finale,
provided such severe bugs are ironed till end of 2019

Yeah, Iā€™m feeling this as well. Right now, for some reason, alien turns take forever to resolve themselves. Just today I found myself picking up the phone and scrolling mindlessly through Facebook as I waited so long for the aliens to fall into their places. But funnily enough, the game itself doesnā€™t lag.

1 Like

itā€™s not ā€œFactory Automationā€. All faction researchable(not instant) techs cause this bug when researched

2 Likes

I loaded a good save, one where ending a mission i get the control, i finished the mission and i saw that i was reserching Advanced Piercing, a NJ tech; i stopped the research, with 2h left, and continued the campaign. From now on i will not research techs from other faction and see how it goes.

The good thing is that Advanced piercing is queued for NJ with a 3h time, the bad one is that i have to wait for them to finish reserch Factory automation and the useless, for what i heard at least, Armadillo, that they paused with 7h left, before they will finish for me Adv Piercing that iā€™d like to have more.
When they finish a research it becomes available instantly so the bug should not trigger.

Now i will run the mission that caused the bug and see how it goes; anyway being not able to research sucks

1 Like

I still cannot be sure that this tactics will work, because they always start to research something else, instead of something useful(((

Well I hope, soon I will be sure )))

I am glad that you have found the way and will not to give up that game. Also your example shows me that I am not alone in similar problems. I also regret that I did not describe previously possible solutions to circumvent a bug with factions researches. Therefore, I found the strength to publish the above description of another bug that almost made me quit the game :slight_smile:

Same problem here: they were a few hours away from the Armadillo and started Factory

Dunno what others are doing; i have diplo 52 with SYN and 29 and a nice mission in Antarctica that i need to reach without using their bases with ANU; stuck in Mexico ATM waiting for scan to continue

To add some fun NJ and SYN are at war with each other and keep attacking and stealing settlements; maybe the Armadillo one is now in SYN hands

Hope pandorans will attack SYN because i badly need their advanced paralyzing weapons; my soldiers didnt smile when i said i want a Chiron alive and their only way to do it is going to hug one and stab it half a dozen times with the neurazer

My soldiers would love to hug a couple of chirons and sirens. The scalpels of my scientists have already rusted out of boredom. But the game continues to generate me battles with a swarm of Arthrons and Tritons. Once I got 35 Pythagoras after the battle. Seriously, any such swarm is destroyed in one turn by lone assault with a Mercy and Rapid Clearance. For warranty, you can use VDM-Defender and Quick Aim from sniper pack. In that case same assault can also neuraze some aliens at the same turn.

Once they are a few hours from a tech they switch to the next, i laugh not to cry.

I dont know but iā€™m almost sure that once NJ will have all techs close to finishing and no new tech to switch someone, Pandorans, Synedrium or Anu, will wipe them away; someone up high hates me, i know that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

After using ā€˜speed up timeā€™ I can be completely sure - here is one more long term bug. All these tecnologies, what we tried to help, are PAUSED now :frowning:
But I have some good news for you, my comrade-by-trouble! You can still get these technologies away by attacking the research center! I think this is justified, looking at what we invested in this process.

If NJ or whatever hasnt yet researched the tech even if i attack their bases with labs i cannot get them.
Thatā€™s what i think at least, the opposite makes no sense; unless i go to the labs with my soldiers and tell the scientists:
ā€˜Dear, have you seen your guards running around with their arms torn away? Well, it will happen to you too unless i have the Armadillo blueprints on my table in four hours. So stop fiddling around and go finish you bloody workā€™

well, give your logic take a rest - itā€™s a bug, and it works this way))

Armadillo is finished:)

Good, iā€™ll pay a visit to NJ techs, and iā€™ll rip their arms away eventually :innocent:

So everyone will receive what they deserve. Iā€™m not even sure if this needs to be fixed)
I mean, according to my latest data, you really canā€™t get technology that no one has yet explored - neither you, nor they. For example, they donā€™t give me a wall now :slight_smile:

so my day in NJ research center is over.

Actually you donā€™t even have to raid NJ for tech. Once it is researched by NJ - it will be instantly researched by you - if u click on it in your research queue

Nope. The problem is they never start any research marked ā€˜PAUSEDā€™, like it was pictured by both of us.
They just freeze any researches, after all of them marked, and choose something else.
Soon I will see also whats happened if ALL of their researches will be paused.
Oh, I can do it right now :slight_smile:
So, sorry, youā€™re partially right, looks like they will begin to finishing their paused researches only if they have only them.
But this does not always work - often they start a study to which I do not have access, while what is ā€˜pausedā€™ hangs again in the last hour, like on that screenshot.

I have no access to early warning system, and cannot get ā€˜NJ wallā€™ in any way except robbery. Or waiting for a weeks. Maybe, if they wonā€™t start something else again. Sorry NJ.

I raided Synedrion and got that

Dunno 1802 of what, mouse over doesnt work and if my soldiers brought home 1802 blank sheets of paper instead of a laser rifle are due for 1802 squats

After that my research screen looks this way:

There is a new tech available, and a juicy one indeed

Paused at 0 d 0 h means i can take it or it will block my game? if i remember the techs i got from NJ when i allied with them were at 0.0 but not paused, if i take this one and reformat the data i will still be working on it, even if for a few seconds, and that will block geoscape.

ā€“
I killed one of my artrhrons in containment but DNA didnt appear in the top bar and Grugnir Virofage rifle is still not available for manufaturing, i probably need some tech i still dont have, maybe related to the mysterious sphere i got in a bloody carnage of a mission that costed me a fortune in missiles.

0d0h means you should take it immediately with no fear! :slight_smile: Yes, i had exactly the same strange counter. But imho that weapon not so useful, same as Grungnir :wink: After I found basic weapon most effective, I focused on producing of speedy armor (and I hope on useful mutation for my rangers), and effective protection. By the way, I still have only 1 destroed heaven on globe. It was neutral and was hidden from me while was attacked :frowning: Probably, thats why I still found only 1 hive, and never meet sirens now :frowning: I should catch one for quest research, and maybe soon I will begin to ignore attacked heavensā€¦
You should have special button with something like ā€˜dismantleā€™ near ā€˜skullā€™ button, By the way, I think the icon for this button should be even more terrifying than the ā€˜skullā€™ for killing). I forgot to ask - did you built mutagen laboratory?

Ok taking it, but saving before doing that just in case.

No i dont have mutagen lab, probably itā€™s an ANU thing and my first diplo mission was in Antarctica thatā€™s a lot of road to do from Europe where iā€™m. Now i did it, but my statu is only 40% because aliens attacked ANU heavily and with my main at South Pole i wasnt able to defend them and Synedrium that i cared more.

Why you say that paralyze rifle isnt useful? to block a 550 HPS Syren you need to hit her 7 times with the neurazer, and going too close to a syren isnt fun, mind control, acid and two paralyzing arms, all short ranged.