How to farm EXP for new soldiers?

How much EXP is given per mission?
a) Is EXP fixed per mission type?
b) Is EXP gained per enemies killed?
if so, do I gain exp for for killing extra enemies coming from the spawn area?

Short answer:
EXP are mostly fixed per mission, in heaven defences dependant on how many of the objectives were saved and NOT gained per killed enemies.

For more information look here:

This is probably also the best tutorial for the game with a lot of information about all kinds of things and mostly very up-to-date.

1 Like

As well as divided by number of soldiers, so 7/8 soldiers on mission are not best solution always, at least on EXP front.

1 Like

Thanks for the info - especially on the “fixed exp per mission”…

And here I thought I can gain more exp by farming kills… so much time wasted :frowning:

According to that wiki:

• Dealing Damage (Damage over time is counted)

This seems like an exploit for a new soldier. I tried using a Heavy, and emptied grenades all over and he gained most exp… For a new sniper, maybe park him in a safe area and keep shooting on a wall to rack in DPS?

Only damage on enemies counts, not on walls or obstacles. AFAIK the most you get is by the kill shot, also if a soldier is wounded.

If you want to abuse training one soldier very fast than pair him alone with a vehicle and do raiding resource missions against heavens. He will gain all of the EXP, even when he don’t shoot, because vehicles don’t gain any EXP. And you don’t have to get all the resources, but AFAIK it should be more EXP the more res you collect.

Edit:
Also look here:
https://forums.snapshotgames.com/t/how-to-boost-some-individual-soldiers-faster/12355/3

1 Like

Only damage on enemies counts, not on walls or obstacles. AFAIK the most you get is by the kill shot, also if a soldier is wounded.

I just did a test, sent a Heavy with a Grenade Launcher and spent it all on structures but no kills; only the other soldiers did the killing. At the end of the mission, Heavy got the most EXP.

Perhaps, Structural Damage is considered… Will try it with a Sniper+sniper rifle banging walls and see if it gives most EXP… In another test, I sent an Assault with a Grenade Launcher and he gained most EXP too - but there was a kill back there so that test is not conclusive…

3 Likes

Ahh, interesting, then I was wrong, didn’t know that and it sounds a little weird and wrong for me.